Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sig Requests

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Stargal wrote: »
    Folks, I'm not totally sure that this request belongs here so feel free to remove/ignore if that's the case!

I'm not making a sig request - I'm looking for a good header for my blog. I've been trying to make one myself but I'm crap at Photoshop and have only been able to do a rough draft in InDesign. However due to an amusing comedy of errors involving several hours of frustration and my complete crapness with this kind of stuff, I haven't been able to make a jpeg of it and so have had to attach it as a pdf. Don't ask.

Anyway, I was hoping that someone would be able to make something decent for me. Or, alternatively, to somehow fix that thing in the pdf so that it's 760 x 200 pixels, which is the size that's needed for a blog header (the typewriter is one of the first options that comes up in Google Images under 'typewriter', unsurprisingly, and the font is Courier. I was looking for something that looked typerwriter-y).

If anyone wants to have a go, feel free. As you can see, I'm somewhat lacking in the whole imagination area! Basically I'm a freelance journalist and so I'm looking for something with a newspaper or typewriter or something along those lines. Something journalist-y. The text is in the pdf.

So it'd be much appreciated but no hassle if this isn't the right place to ask :)

You *could* just take a screen shot of what you have made already. Mightn't be the best method, but it would work.

Can you not open PDFs in Photoshop? If you can, just go to Save for Web and then choose JPG. I'm not sure if Photoshop can open them though.

EDIT//

Ok, you can open PDFs in Photoshop. A quick effort. I was too lazy to make my own, sorry >.<

typewriter.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I have another commission for the Guild of Digital Art and Deseign, if they would be so kind.

I, by accident, have begged the Lords of Admin for a Wheel of Time forum, but before they will grant my request I must find patrons. As such, I need a sign made of the brightest inks and most delicate calfskin, that I may display in my sig window.

Is there any who wouldth take such a task?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

Plain one I'm afraid,
    wot.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Stargal wrote: »

words

Hey Stargal, I just did this in photoshop... If ya wanna use it just let me know what text to put (for the headline in the middle, and the url above it... and if you want to change the name or anything), and I shall make amends accordingly.

61548.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

a griffith college sub forum request sig if anyone is up to it?

• Advertisement

Hi all,

Not a sig request as such, but I'm part of a clan for Call of Duty 4 on the Xbox360 called "Up the Dubs" (:o not my idea) and as our image we just have a plain Dublin flag.

I'd greatly appreciate if somebody could whip together something which incorporates The name, the Dublin colours and something from the COD4 imagery if possible please.

Cheers for the help lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

Sig request.

Hi,

Just stumbled across this thread. Id like to make a request for a sig with my name in it and something related to tattoo art. Pref Japanese but any style really.

Nice one

A quick griffith college sig.
    gcsf.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

gerky wrote: »

I like :-)

Thanks for that.

Cheers for that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Hi, i would like to request a sig please. Open season on what you do with it! :)

Thanks!

Not advertising anything faceman? Do you want your name in it? How's about a bit of Dirk Benedict? ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Dave! wrote: »
    Not advertising anything faceman? Do you want your name in it? How's about a bit of Dirk Benedict? ;)

Nothing wrong with a bit of dirk, he the man!

Undecided about the name in it, but prob yes

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Hey guys and girls, I only just discovered this thread. Would anybody be willing to do a sig design for my proposed C&H Forum? I'm sure The Dazzler would also appreciate it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭coolcon

clearasil-1.png
    Don't know if your still looking for one An Fhile, but if so you can use this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Hey can i get one with that guy hero from the program heroes please

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Hey folks, just wondering if anyone can help.

The soccer forum have recently adopted a new team to follow - Go Ahead Eagles from Holland. Just wondering if anyone would be interested in doing up a couple of sigs for us.

Their club crest can be found here

Other image -

http://basbakker22.web-log.nl/bas_bakker_22/images/gae2.jpg

Their most famous player is Marc Overmars (formerly of Arsenal)

If anyone had the time to do up a couple it would be great.

Cheers

EDIT: Sorry, just to add, we have a little kinda 'in joke' around the acronym for the club (GAE) and how it sounds like 'gay'.

Possible slogans for sigs could be -

"GAE and proud!" or "Boards.ie - We've got teh GAE"

The boards drama group have given ourselves an official name of "No Drama Theatre Company".

Any chance of a new sign for our forum please? :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1089

Note that we are group that doesnt do the run of the mill drama and irish plays. we like to consider ourselves to be somewhat different.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

sls0ea.gif

Too GAE maybe?:rolleyes:

I'll try get 1 or 2 more up

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol that's quality mate! Keep em comin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Here's a few more....

1zx35f.png
    20uvnec.png
    ve29le.png

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Great work eddiehead!

faceman wrote: »
    The boards drama group have given ourselves an official name of "No Drama Theatre Company".

Any chance of a new sign for our forum please? :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1089

Note that we are group that doesnt do the run of the mill drama and irish plays. we like to consider ourselves to be somewhat different.

64198.jpg

Too obvious? :o

edit: ah sh*t, misread the name of it, sorry. If you want ill fix it tomorrow, or if you have any other suggestions ill give them a bash

Dave! wrote: »
    64198.jpg

Too obvious? :o

edit: ah sh*t, misread the name of it, sorry. If you want ill fix it tomorrow, or if you have any other suggestions ill give them a bash

Great work Dave! Could you edit the name to "no drama theatre" instead if possible? Rather than a cross through the logo (which is a good idea :)), could maybe show the image restrained or even disfigure it slightly? Thanks!

hmmmm, not sure what you meant by restrained/disfigured, but here's a few more efforts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Boards.ie Drama Group - now ye're actin'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I know I am asking alot here, but could anyone put together a little siggy with the crests of FC Barcelona, Cork City FC and Leyton Orient FC altogether with an Irish flag background?

• Advertisement

Jayzus that sounds pretty messy mate :p It'd be hard to do that gracefully! I'll give it a shot later, supposed to be doing work now :D

Advertisement