Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sig Requests

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

Here ya go,

Liberalslogo.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

gerky wrote: »
    Here ya go,

Liberalslogo.gif

Rhanks, it must have been just a bit too long then.

Yea, last I saw the rules were max of 125x500 and no bigger than 20k in size, don't think its changed since that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Hello sig creatives,

I am experiencing a bit of a sig challenge. I suppose I have too much I want to fit in... and I've been kindly referred here in a PM from a third party. I suppose also I am looking for a sympathetic artist with an anti-establishment thing going on...

I would love to have a sig that would refer to three things, as follows:
    1. FootballPress and the oppression of Irish football by media-led English/British football mania (see current sig)
    2. Censorship of discussion of obnoxious, air-head soccer moms on boards.ie.
    3. The campaign for reform of the over-zealous mod system on boards.ie, as expressed in this graphic afhsna.png.

I do realise it's a rather ambitious one. Note also that I have nothing to lose, as I'm a whisker away from a permanent site ban, so any collaborator may also have to face a visit from the thought police, who in my experience are not appreciative of diversity of opinion. Then again, I am talking to a bunch of artists, right?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Hey. Can some kind soul do up a signature to help us promote the thunderdome insult competition?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055671838

• Advertisement

@SectionF

I'm honestly not sure what way to do a sig to try to encompass all that so here are three separate ones to cover the topics.

FootballPress.gifSpeech.gifReform.gif
    I'm not sure any of these are anything like what you're looking for but if they're not maybe someone else can come up with something.

Off topic but I don't consider that I'd have to agree with a topic to make a sig for it or someone, I've made sigs before for things that I don't agree with or support and I most likely will do again:)

@dr.bollocko

Sorry but I don't have any time at the moment but hopefully some of the others might get a chance to do one for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

gerky wrote: »
    @SectionF

I'm honestly not sure what way to do a sig to try to encompass all that so here are three separate ones to cover the topics.

FootballPress.gifSpeech.gifReform.gif
    I'm not sure any of these are anything like what you're looking for but if they're not maybe someone else can come up with something.

Off topic but I don't consider that I'd have to agree with a topic to make a sig for it or someone, I've made sigs before for things that I don't agree with or support and I most likely will do again:)
    Thanks Gerky... a big improvement!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭coolcon

Hey. Can some kind soul do up a signature to help us promote the thunderdome insult competition?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055671838

glad to be of service insultcompu.png

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Nice one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I'm terrible with this stuff could somebody do something with the car from this pic? Change the background? Or any other ideas, knock yourselves out :)

DSC00121.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Onkle.jpg

I don't know why it won't just show up in normal size.. but anyway!! If you do want to use it, click on it and save it as is from where I've uploaded it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

oooooooo I like that :)

Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

i've tried to do this myself but i've failed :(

could someone make me a sig with my car in it?

selection of pics of my car here - http://pix.ie/draffodx/album/338112

I tried to create it in the style of this tutorial here - PS tutorial

But i'm useless.

could someone try to do it in that style for me? or even if someone has a better idea?

Maybe I should be more specific?

could someone make me a sig in whatever style they want with this pic?

5DA25D4E4C4A41A9886AF02327BF0027-800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

I'm new to this but try this one
    draff.jpg

irish1967 wrote: »
    I'm new to this but try this one
    draff.jpg

Not bad, I'd rather the focus to be more on the car though, and to have Draffodx smaller and more kind of neater with a more bolder sharp edged font if that makes sense.

I should probably have a go at making one myself

EDIT: this is my weak attempt

picture.php?albumid=771&pictureid=3867

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Looking good !

Having read back through this thread I think they have to be no more than 20K in size. If you are using Photoshop when you go to save use the 'Save for Web' option in the File menu. You can use the slider to reduce the size of the image.

This isn't persay a sig request, so much as an avatar request.

Can http://omg.wthax.org/Liberalslogo.gif be resized to 90x90, with the Liberal we have a choice remaining as clear as possible? (the big long purple line can be cut off)

Tried it myself but is ended up looking weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

92125.jpg

It's hard to make the text visible at such a small size... I erased the current text and added my own in a bigger font.

That look alright?

• Advertisement

That looks great thanks.

Is there any wany you could change the font in You have a Choice to something....softer?

Not sure if either of these are what you had in mind.....

Perfection itself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Hello all. We're holding a Photoshop competition in Cool Vids & Pics & Links from later on tonight. Apart from asking you all to enter :), could someone please rustle up a sig image for mien profile?

You got a link to the competition? Can't see any threads about it in the forum :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Takk

Hello all. We're holding a Photoshop competition in Cool Vids & Pics & Links from later on tonight. Apart from asking you all to enter :), could someone please rustle up a sig image for mien profile?

comp3.jpg ?

Ah well, it's the thought that counts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Can someone please whip me up a sig for this forum request please?

Something with ''Motors tech advice forum'' (or something along those lines) and a few spanners and maybe a busted knuckle!!

Wanna try and get some support going for it.

Thanks in advance. :)

EDIT:

D980.jpg

something along these lines maybe, with garage replaced with forum and shrunk to fit sig rules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Takk wrote: »
    comp3.jpg ?

Ah well, it's the thought that counts.

That's great. Is there anyway to soften the edges around the Boards logo?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Takk

That's great. Is there anyway to soften the edges around the Boards logo?

Yeah it's not quite right. I had a go but I can't do any better with what I'm using.

If anyone else wants to throw in another sig idea, fire ahead.

Advertisement