Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB Price

• 04-08-2005 7:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

Ignore me if this has already been discussed....
    I'm on Eircom Home Starter @ €39.99 per month. I rang them the other day because I heard that they were now charging €29.99 per month incl. VAT.

They would not give me this new price as they said it is for new customers only.
    I am more than likely now going to cancel my subscription for this reason alone. I have no problems with the service.

Anyone else had this experience?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Read your contract.
    Cancelling subscription wont be that easy, as you are most likely on a 1 year contract.
    Yes. they are bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭pleba

thankfully my year is up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

BT were kind enough to drop the price for everyone as they are not as arrogant as the eircom azzholes!!!!

Current 1Mbit eircom customers pay €39.99 for 1mbit 8GB CAP.
    Current 2Mbit BT customers pay €40.00 for 2mbit 24GB CAP.

Which is the best package???

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭seanogal

I have just noticed the price difference you have already highlighted.Ifeel aggrieved also.When you click on the -order now link-it tells existing customers to ring a given number.I wonder what that is about as existing customers wouldn't normally be visiting that area of the site.What happens when your 12 month contract is up.? Do they just continue to take direct debit unless you contact them?.That way you are stuck with higher price.Could you cancel BB altogether,reapply,pay 40euro connection fee and get reduced rate.In 4 months you would have your re-connection fee back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

OMG, that's bollocks. Are they lowering the the Home Plus price? Bah, why can't SMART come to my area....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭jubbly

scummy €ircon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

lol they are what O2 have been talking about in them ad's.

"we look after our exsisting customers as well as our new ones".

any company that says it takes 28 days to downgrade from isdn (see my thread) to standard line is a farce of a company. (even though this downgrade can be done remotely).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

You should call up and ask again, they say "alright, can you connect me the the "cancel subscription" department?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

How easily its forgotten that eircom were doing a 3 month free trial or whatever, the trial is gone and the 29.99 price is there instead for the first four months I think and then new customers pay 39.99 as well as the old ones.

I got the 29.99 deal but would've preferred the freebie deal. Everythings working fine so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭popppy

was wondering if anyone has tried out 'imagine', they are advertising only e9.99 per month, my year with eircom is up next month and I'm seriously thinking of switching over. Do other service providers provide tech support ? Had a prob logging on and guy at eircom sorted it for me, tho this is surely not worth an extra e30 per month !!

• Advertisement

buddy wrote:
    How easily its forgotten that eircom were doing a 3 month free trial or whatever, the trial is gone and the 29.99 price is there instead for the first four months I think and then new customers pay 39.99 as well as the old ones.

I got the 29.99 deal but would've preferred the freebie deal. Everythings working fine so far.

I posted the math on this somewhere before.

Over a 6 month period the free trial thing was better value....but anything up to and exceeding a year then the €30 price is cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

True, but the 30 euro is only for 4 months, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

popppy wrote:
    was wondering if anyone has tried out 'imagine', they are advertising only e9.99 per month, my year with eircom is up next month and I'm seriously thinking of switching over. Do other service providers provide tech support ? Had a prob logging on and guy at eircom sorted it for me, tho this is surely not worth an extra e30 per month !!

Imagine €9.99 package is for 20 hours broadband access per month only. It isn't an "always on" broadband product and if you use it more than 20 hours, you are charged extra depending on how much more than 20 hours you use.

Imagine €9.99 package is for 20 hours broadband access per month only. It isn't an "always on" broadband product and if you use it more than 20 hours, you are charged extra depending on how much more than 20 hours you use.

I expect Imag!ne will have no problem in charging those who stay online beyond 20hours a month or else heavily push their "Real" 1m/2m broadband packages....which are not a BARGAIN!!!

Cheers for that chorus techy, knew there had to be a catch....I have anoyther month on my year contract with eircom so will decide what to do soon.... Do you recommend any other providers of broadband ? :)

If you are not interested in waiting....and....waiting....and....waiting....for SMART BB then I highly suggest BT BB with line rental package.

Imagine 20hours of "fast internet" access = 9.99+24(Router Rental) ~€35 a month.
    BT BB 1Mb 12GB CAP + Line Rental = €40 a month

Imag!ne are using people own ignorance of the "full picture" to push their 9.99 "Broadband" which isnt actually value for money when compared ti BT's offering.

Fairplay to BT for not lowering themselves to eircom/UTV/Imag!ne's level!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

zuma wrote:
    If you are not interested in waiting....and....waiting....and....waiting....for SMART BB then I highly suggest BT BB with line rental package.

Imagine 20hours of "fast internet" access = 9.99+24(Router Rental) ~€35 a month.
    BT BB 1Mb 12GB CAP + Line Rental = €40 a month

Imag!ne are using people own ignorance of the "full picture" to push their 9.99 "Broadband" which isnt actually value for money when compared ti BT's offering.

Fairplay to BT for not lowering themselves to eircom/UTV/Imag!ne's level!!!

BT get a big thumbs up from me as well. :)
    I have been with them for three years now, no problems (other than Eircom trying to stall things when originally signing up to BT) and very happy with their prices going down as well. (I'm on the 2MB)

Thanks, Will certainly check out the BT thing, was wondering if anyone knew if UTV are still offering free off peak calls to Ireland and uk, to their new customers ?

Advertisement