Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High Score Challenge # 3 - CONSOLE

Options
  • 04-08-2005 8:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭

Thanks to rainbow kirby for coming up with this weeks challenge.

The Game : Super Smash Bros Melee
    The Challenge : How many LEVEL 1 CPU characters can you beat in 5 minutes ?
    The Stage : Pokemon Stadium
    The CPU characters : Samus, Young Link and Pikachu
    Player Carachter : Any

Same drill as last week I guess - winner announced next thursday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Just to get us started... from a little bit of 3am SSBM last night...

Character: Kirby (who else)
    KOs: 16

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Damn it! 15 with cheeseball Roy.

Improved a bit.
    19 with Kirby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

**** i am in on this tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

My best is 19 with Link.

• Advertisement

19 with falcon.is it KO's or final score and are they all against each other or on a team??

20 with pikachu

31 with pikachu,i think its about time i stoped playing for a while.

dimerocks wrote:
    31 with pikachu,i think its about time i stoped playing for a while.
    Wow that's good. I'm not going to be able to beat that.

What's your secret?

ill reveal my secret after i win(if i do of course).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

dimerocks wrote:
    ill reveal my secret after i win(if i do of course).
    Down+B?

18 with Bowser, godda love that swipe/grab attack

oh god no you have to be more diverse than just the one attack.bowser is good but not quick enough to do that many kills in the 5 minutes.you need a quicky i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

dimerocks wrote:
    oh god no you have to be more diverse than just the one attack.bowser is good but not quick enough to do that many kills in the 5 minutes.you need a quicky i think.
    Oh he does his fair amount, and i savour that move not waving it around all willy-nilly... im more of an air-combo man myself

ahhh..i like the running about bits myself.the bit of this level that throws me of is when the mountainy bit appears.i hate that period its crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

eh turns out i have never put my SSBM disc into my cube :rolleyes:

where do I go to play this challenge?

ok now i remember why I put F -zero gx away! The very hard levels on some of the story modes are driving me nuts and i will end up breaking the controller!! I have finished about 4 of them but the rest.... :mad: i know i can do two of them but I just keep screwing one tiny little bit up every time. the grand prix is near impossible tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

Whats with all the gaycube only competitions? cant we stick to multiformat stuff ( like Soul Caliber 2 :D ) so more people can try it out. I recommend need for speed underground 2 or Timesplitters 2 competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Hercule wrote:
    Whats with all the gaycube only competitions? cant we stick to multiformat stuff ( like Soul Caliber 2 :D ) so more people can try it out. I recommend need for speed underground 2 or Timesplitters 2 competitions.

This game had the highest amout of interest indicated from last week so it got chosen automatically for this week. Going to try and get something multi-format for next week again.
    Must actually check up and see how everyones being doing actually, been feeling ****ty the last while so havent been online as much.

Remember winners of this weeks announced wens night/thurs morning so make sure your entry is in.

can someone please tell me where I go to play this challenge in the game cause as I said i hadnt even got a save file on my memory card.

evad_lhorg wrote:
    can someone please tell me where I go to play this challenge in the game cause as I said i hadnt even got a save file on my memory card.

To be honest dude, im not sure, i'm not a cube player so rainbow kirby designed the challenge for this week. I'd say your best bet is probably to PM her directly or Retr0gamer. One of them is bound to know.

Sorry i'm not much help.

• Advertisement

Right... You'll have to unlock Young Link first before you can do the challenge. You'll have to beat Classic mode with 10 characters first (one of them has to be Link), then beat Young Link to unlock him.

Then go VS mode, change the time to 5 minutes in the options, then select your character, then select the 3 CPU characters (Samus, Pikachu, Young Link). Then pick the arena - Pokemon Stadium. And that's it. Now get smashing!!

Right... You'll have to unlock Young Link first before you can do the challenge. You'll have to beat Classic mode with 10 characters first (one of them has to be Link), then beat Young Link to unlock him.

Then go VS mode, change the time to 5 minutes in the options, then select your character, then select the 3 CPU characters (Samus, Pikachu, Young Link). Then pick the arena - Pokemon Stadium. And that's it. Now get smashing!!

WOW that was fast !!! :)
    Thanks for clearing that up.

10 times with different characters????!!!! god damnit

its suprisingly easy.i could just never be bothered to unlock mr.game and watch.

Hehe... Go on. You know you want to :p

isnt it like 24hours worth of play or something?

dimerocks wrote:
    isnt it like 24hours worth of play or something?
    Yeah, so just get 2 controllers. Kirby vs Kirby, Pokemon stadium, then go to sleep for the night.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

How to unlock game and watch.

Set up a 2 player versus match. Give each player lots of lives and no time limit. Start game on a relatively stable level. Leave on and go to bed. Waake up tomorrow kill the character until the lives run out and enjoy your new character.

Well theres hardly any doubt as to who won this challenge, dimerocks is the boards SSBM champion with a fantastic 31 wins - well done :D

• Advertisement

woot!!!!!!

Advertisement