Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mushrooms in front Garden

• 04-08-2005 9:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭

Anybody know how to get rid of mushrooms growing in a lawn?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Moanin wrote:
    Anybody know how to get rid of mushrooms growing in a lawn?
    aerate it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭tel922001

well hopefully for u the are little magic ones, then u can eat them , they should come once a year and stay for about 2 months , they should be starting now and be ready and ripe for september , boil them and add them to a cup of tea sorted no need to waste money in the pub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm assuming you live in a relatively new estate?

Problem is the developer probably put every kind of sh!te you can imagine under your lawn before he laid it — paint tins, timber, concrete blocks etc.

I've never seen the mushies up this early though? Has it been very wet round your way of late?

Anyhoo, you could try to aerate it as has been suggested (use a pitch fork and rock it slightly while in the ground, then get some fine sand and throw it on the lawn), but it probably won't work. I've tried pretty much everything in my case, and nothing prevents them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

The lawn is new alright.It is one of the instant roll out lawns.I rotovated the lawn completely before lying it and the soil seemed fine.It's down now maybe 3 months but I think I may have over watered it a couple of weeks ago.Will try and aerate it.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭craggel

I put my "roll out" lawn down about 3 weeks ago and have the very same thing. Little mushies allover. Maybe the spores were on it when it was delivered and with all the watering they have come on nicely!

• Advertisement

you need to put a small channel around all the perimetter of ur lawn about a 4 inch square gap, hence this lets the moisture flow away from ur lawn , mushrooms are a sign of bad seeping, my dads a landscaper, and he tackled this problem many times, also this cut out around ur lawn , help prevent other things like weed passing keeps ur grass nueutral to the rest of ur garden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

tel922001 wrote:
    you need to put a small channel around all the perimetter of ur lawn about a 4 inch square gap, hence this lets the moisture flow away from ur lawn , mushrooms are a sign of bad seeping, my dads a landscaper, and he tackled this problem many times, also this cut out around ur lawn , help prevent other things like weed passing keeps ur grass nueutral to the rest of ur garden
    for once, a bit of sound advice from el tel

Lex my advise is always truthfully on both accounts

Advertisement