Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Pub In Drogheda

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

I wouldnt say Trinity Arms and Laurences are no-go areas now!!!
    They both have great doormen, i always feel grand in these pubs. Yea you will get your fair share of chavs but everyone is generally good humoured :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭ccd

I dated a girl who drank in both the Arms and Cellers. Some Nights they were like a Demilitrused Zone. The head doorman in the arms in a Itinerint and the same goes for the cellers. But I agree i wouldnt call them Nogo especially if your wearing a anti stab vest;).

If you value your dignety and place a price on other peoples respect never visit these bars and may we never cross paths with a drunken Leanne along Westie St

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

i was out in drogheda just once or twice, went to the mariner for a quiet drink, (thought it was nice, older crowd, v quiet) the other time we went to redz, really liked that pub, good atmosphere, there was nine of us, (all non smokers) but we had a laugh; couldnt get into o sheas, we went up in one's and two's but one of the girlas had no ID, i wouldn mind but she's the oldest of us! they wouldn let her in, tho we were all 19-20, mayb cos they didn t know us?

@ Dundalk Cailin - yes it was probably cause they didnt know ye. Any weekend i go in there its a majority 17-19 age group (especially upstairs) and i would know them to see. Ya werent missing much anyway, i hate the place. Id suggest a group of people go to Star and Cresent - specially on Sat nights, good craic, not really a place for a couple to go to. No cover charge too which is good for a late bar till 3am :)

@ CCD - i know Gissidy the doorman from Trinity Arms very well, he can definetly control the rif-raff! I just dont think these pubs are as bad as ye's make them out to be. Maybe cause i just know staff in both and no im not a chav but ive had many a good night in these places :)
    Drunk on West street? Me? never!! lol :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I love going out in Drogheda....Mother Hughes is the best post and pre drogs match. Barrocco is a nice spot and great on a sat nite oh and there is a rather handsome barman in there....

Fusion is the best Club for old Krusties like me who loved the old Fibber Magees on Parnell Street in Dublin. Where else can u jump around like an eejit to Rage Against the Machine, then dance to Prodigy followed by some Stone Roses....its my heaven!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

The Well Pub on the Newfoundwell Road in Drogheda has got to be the worst pub ever .it still has the 80's feel to it , dirty fake black leather seats and dirty walls, the toilets you would not see in calcutta and the clients you would not see in a sewer .
    The drink is vile too except for the guinnes, not a bad pint ,but thats all it has going for it
    Take my advice,if ever in the vicinity ..DO NOT ENTER IT
    As soon as you stick your head arounndthe door, the local tribes all turn and stare
    BE WARNED !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

andrew1977 wrote:
    The Well Pub on the Newfoundwell Road in Drogheda has got to be the worst pub ever .it still has the 80's feel to it , dirty fake black leather seats and dirty walls, the toilets you would not see in calcutta and the clients you would not see in a sewer .
    The drink is vile too except for the guinnes, not a bad pint ,but thats all it has going for it
    Take my advice,if ever in the vicinity ..DO NOT ENTER IT
    As soon as you stick your head arounndthe door, the local tribes all turn and stare
    BE WARNED !!

Great description there. :D Don't think it could be put any better than that tbh. You all have been warned!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Witchie wrote:
    I love going out in Drogheda....Mother Hughes is the best post and pre drogs match. Barrocco is a nice spot and great on a sat nite oh and there is a rather handsome barman in there....

Fusion is the best Club for old Krusties like me who loved the old Fibber Magees on Parnell Street in Dublin. Where else can u jump around like an eejit to Rage Against the Machine, then dance to Prodigy followed by some Stone Roses....its my heaven!

whats fusion like? is the crowd not really young?
    and i heard the place was a ****hole but then one of the lads went and said it was great craic??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭mise_me_fein_V2

I was in Mc Hughs for a pint on Sat night.

It looks class but it's too big, it's huge

I think they're pushing Mc Hughs as a big live music venue. I haven't been in there yet but it looks fairly big from the pictures I've seen. Hope they raised the roof a bit as it was always too low.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

never ever enter Fusion. its a feckin cowshed. i was only htere once, but swore to never go back.
    the same can be said for earth.. i was in the two of them on the same night, and sweet lord im not going back to either!

the star and crescent was cool enough, older crowd tho (im 18)... but still, a nice place decent-ish music too...

O'Sheas is like.. the "hip" place to go... too crowded generally for ym liking though...
    give me The Fisherman's anyday!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

draffodx wrote:
    whats fusion like? is the crowd not really young?
    and i heard the place was a ****hole but then one of the lads went and said it was great craic??

There is a young crowd in fusion...I am old but look young so can get away with it! It is mainly young but the music is the kinda stuff I danced to in the early 90's so it draws me back.

It is a **** hole but that gives it character. If you want a funky clean sanitised dry arsed place to pose in then go elsewhere but if you are there to have fun and dance your ass off fusion is the place to be.

Another very good contender for worst pub in drogheda ...Murphys near the chord road/scarlet street junction

Been in it once and ran for my life ..i wont ever start describing it .stay away ,i wouldnt even rate it as a pub ,even the dogs go round in packs near this establishment
    Bad beer, bad clients, bad decor,bad everything

anyone ever come across this beauty of an establishment ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

Is there still a pub called Sarsfields near the arch? I used to drink there on Saturday mornings back in the 80s. I used to love it.

Litcagral wrote:
    Is there still a pub called Sarsfields near the arch? I used to drink there on Saturday mornings back in the 80s. I used to love it.

Yep its still there and still an 'early house' as far as I know. Been in it recently but didn't think too much of the crowd. Nice beer garden though for the smokers of which I am no longer.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Yep Sarsfields is still there, I know the family who run it. It's an early bar, or else it was - we used to go to it after our debs when we'd get back to Drogheda the next morning.

Fusion is a no-go if you're not drunk, you notice the smell and the dirt, other than that its usually great craic, especially in the beer garden. McPhails is good for me, a lot of friends go there and its a good place to bump into old school pals, especially at xmas. McHugh's is apparently very good now for live music, have yet to try it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭loopyloulou

hi, only living in drogheda a year but havent been to mchughs, where is it???

Across the road from Sarsfields. Up the top of Laurence's St and through the arch on the left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭loopyloulou

oh yeah!! doh :) i drive by it every day and never took any notice of it, always thought it was a dingy little aulfellas pub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

hi, only living in drogheda a year but havent been to mchughs, where is it???

When I used to drink in Drogheda, McHugh's was a pool table, darts and rings type of pub. Has it gone 'trendy'?:(

• Advertisement

Went to McHughs 2 years ago and i near stuck to the chairs they were that dirty. Swore i would never go back.
    Ive yet to check out the new and improved mcHughs, so far ive heard good reports.
    I hate Fusion with a passion, the place is a health hazard, chuncks out of the floors n everything! They have no security and i dont feel safe there at all!
    I only go there in summer when i can sit outside in beer garden all night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

went to fusion saturday night, was pretty sober goin in, stayed 5 minutes and walked back out! what a dump! the smell of the place and the dirt, i felt like i was in a shed!

went to earth, was great craic in there, bouncers seemed far more friendly too.

but half the group stayed in fusion, the drunk half :) and said they had great craic so i'll get drunk before i go to fusion next time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

theyre both a joke (earth and fusion)... i have no idea why anyone would go there by choice!
    is it always free into Earth before 12?

even still... its just.. a horrible experience i thought!

Yea always free in before 12 to Earth, but its closing down in a few weeks for renovation (it badly needs it!) so i doubt that will apply when it re-opens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Stain Boy

Not sure about the worst. There are so many to choose from but that place just off Bolton Square is a REAL ****ehole.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭akn

The Well pub on the Newtown oad is a kip as well as Moores

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Carberrys has to be the best pub in Drogheda! Any one around who used to drink in McPhails late 80's early 90's?? Anyone remember the band "Night Flight"?? Or Vinny????

wheres carberry's? ive never heard of it!

carberrys is on the north strand in drogheda.
    through laurences gate,sarsfields on left, down consitution hill and turn left at the dry cleaners on the corner .about 150 yards on the right
    doesnt appear to be open the whole time and its no surprise
    some people like it for the old stlye feel to it
    my opinion ..its a smelly dump
    went in one night and the lady behind the bar was washing the glasses with a pair of ladies underwear
    aaahhhhhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭akn

andrew1977 wrote:
    carberrys is on the north strand in drogheda.
    through laurences gate,sarsfields on left, down consitution hill and turn left at the dry cleaners on the corner .about 150 yards on the right
    doesnt appear to be open the whole time and its no surprise
    some people like it for the old stlye feel to it
    my opinion ..its a smelly dump
    went in one night and the lady behind the bar was washing the glasses with a pair of ladies underwear
    aaahhhhhh

ahhhhh I know that place. I thought it was closed. Looks that way neway

Advertisement