Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteos: The killer app for DS

Options
  • 04-08-2005 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

OK so the graphics are not out of this world (although they do the job very well) but this game is possibly the most addictive I've played in a long time.

The current crop of games on all the main home consoles have left me jaded. Nothing new and the release of so many derivatives bored me. Was going to get a PSP and decided to plump for a DS and a good decision it turned out to be too.
    Meteos plays to the DS' strengths brilliantly. Its frantic, addictive and even the sound is excellent.
    My advice is to import from www.videogamesplus.ca. Got Meteos and Kirby Canvas curse (also very good, girlfriend has kidnapped it though) for 74 euro including delivery. No tax as they mark it down and sign it as gift. Arrived in 4 days too. Multiplayer works from a single cart and there are no compatibility problems with it being the US version.
    I notice people commenting on their disappointment with the DS but trust me Meteos really does warrant the purchase.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Oooh so it has been released in english.... I had heard good things about this game, I was waiting for it to be translated. I already have Kirby, it works well with the DS, and due to the current crap crop of DS games so far, it's one of the best. Might have a look at that, especially since I got paid today... :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll be getting this as soon as I can, the internet shockwave demo is brilliantly addictive.
    http://img182.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img182&image=up02954rf.swf

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I'll be getting this as soon as I can, the internet shockwave demo is brilliantly addictive.
    http://img182.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img182&image=up02954rf.swf

I have no idea what is going on there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Aye 'tis a class game, and not too hard to play in Japanese either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

flogen wrote:
    I have no idea what is going on there...

Click on a square and you can move it anywhere vertically along the column. Get 3 or more horizontally in a row and they will launch. The goal is to launch the blocks off the screen. If you do get it you may lose a few hours to it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

once you figure it out it will own you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Damn you retro. There's productivity gone down the tube :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

i bought it yesterday here in the States after work, loaded it up and played what i thought was a few minutes and it was beginning to get dark outside when i managed to pull myself away from the DS. It, like Polarium, is a great use of the DS abilities. Cant wait to try it out against the brother when i get back home to Ireland

I also picked up Metal Slug Advance too, havent given it a whirl yet but i will once i get home from work today. Anyone here have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I really want to get this... damn my current lack of money for games...

Advertisement