Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New BOC album in October

• 04-08-2005 11:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭

(Tried to search for a Boards of Canada thread but the search seems to be borked)

So the boys finally have a new album out in October !

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000988534

I am looking forward to it, but do you think the fact that they have left things so long there is a danger they have become a bit irrelevant ?

davej

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Nah it will probably be something new and different from the previous albums. I mean its been years since the last album so they must have been doing something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Look forward to it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

It's the second news piece here: http://pitchforkmedia.com/news/05-07/21.shtml

Can't wait for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭drunkenfool

should be quite interesting - more subliminal messages I assume!! :D

That subliminal messages lark is bull**** imo. So what if they use a sample that says, "come back and live in a religious community in a beautiful place in the country" :).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭drunkenfool

its a bit deeper then that in fairness, dont think much of it myself, but it is quite interesting if you study the music, even down to the lengths of the tracks.

I like their latest material too, their remix of Beck's "Broken Drum".

Hopefully the album will be just as good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

So what's the verdict on the new one then (Campfire Headphase) ?

I suppose the guitar loop stuff is a something new for them. The album sounds a bit less dark than their previous stuff too. Still it is still very recognisably BOC.

davej

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

its ok.

I haven't listened to it much tbh. Its a good addition to the BOC collection but I just prefer listening to the old synths rather than a guitar recorded on a cassette player. There are a few decent tracks I like though, such as "Chromakey Dreamcoat", "Dayvan Cowboy" is nice and "Satellite....".

• Advertisement

No need to make a new thread for this I don't think.

Boards of Canada's new EP "Trans Canada Highway" is out in June. It's gonna be released at the same time as their new video for Dayvan Cowboy. (Their first official video I think, really looking forward to see what they come up with.)

You can hear one of the new tracks off the EP ("Skyliner") on bleep.com (Just move along the seekbar when it starts to fade-out and you can hear the whole thing)

Real shame they don't play live (too often).

Advertisement