Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on Clearcase Admin Training

Options
  • 04-08-2005 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Wondering if anyone knows of anywhere in Ireland providing Clearcase admin training with a view to certification and also if there maybe an alternative to taking instructor led classes, books, web based etc.

I've done some googling on this but didn't come up with anything.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

As IBM own it you could try them. They have a training place in Baggot Street but you would be better checking online. If your doing this for your job make sure they pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 paulmc808

Thanks, emailed the guys in IBM but seems currently no scheduled training in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

If your company doesn't mind sending you to the uk (if you're with a company), IBM Rational do run lots of courses in their training facility in Ascot (near London).

Rational used to have a web based certification thing, but I believe they have stopped that now. I think you can get training (and a certificate :P), but I'm not sure if they do certification anymore. I work as a ClearCase admin and I have been involved in recruiting other people with similar skills, and they don't mention certification on their CVs (some do mention the training, but in the end it's not all that important).

A website (non IBM) more generally in the Configuration Management area is http://www.cmcrossroads.com. If you search there are articles on different aspects of using ClearCase in there.

I haven't seen too many projects in Ireland using ClearCase yet actually.

Advertisement