Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

osCommerce payment modules

Options
  • 04-08-2005 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've built a complete shopping site with osCommerce with SSL and I'm just looking at the payment modules part. I've installed the newer PayPal IPN module and it works a treat.

The only issue I have with PayPal is that when I take payments from the web site, the money has to be credited to a credit card on the paypal business account.

Is there any way to get PayPal to work with a merchant account (my client has one with Ulster Bank) or is there another payment module that would work better for my scenario? I would like to stick with PayPal as I find the payment process to be very 'smooth' from a user perspective.

I've looked at the SECPay module and it's pretty hideous!

Many Thanks,
    Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

The whole point of Paypal is that you don't need a merchant account to be able to sell online. Paypal is more than likely the cheapest way of selling online at the moment. There are other payment modules like WorldPay and RealEx but they all charge setup fees, % of the sale and sometimes a monthly fee too.

Can you not transfer the money from Paypal into an Irish bank account?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭reitoei

Serbian wrote:
    The whole point of Paypal is that you don't need a merchant account to be able to sell online. Paypal is more than likely the cheapest way of selling online at the moment. There are other payment modules like WorldPay and RealEx but they all charge setup fees, % of the sale and sometimes a monthly fee too.

I suppose they could but they would see that as "extra work" on their behalf. I have advised them that PayPal is the cheapest way to go (and most efficient, as far as I can see) so I'll see what they say.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Serbian wrote:
    You can since last August

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

reitoei wrote:
    I suppose they could but they would see that as "extra work" on their behalf. I have advised them that PayPal is the cheapest way to go (and most efficient, as far as I can see) so I'll see what they say.
    if they want, they can use my paypal a/c and I will do all the work (for a fee of course) :D

Advertisement