Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

REDHAT 5.9.X ( beta for 6.0 ) available !

• 30-03-1999 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Dunno if anyone knows this but Release of Redhat 6.0 is imminent. ( kernel 2.2.[3,4,5]? , glibc 2.1 X3.3.3.1 gtk1.2 egcs1.1.2 etc etc - all the latest goodies ) Redhat have an ftp server gribble.redhat.com that they have a Beta release on - you can dl all the new packages and install from HDD or grab the ISO thats available smile.gif the server does NOT accept anonnoymous connects - Use the username beta and passwd fishbait. Couple of ppl i know on irc have it and it works sweet . If youve got an isdn and are d/ling and burning a CD - how bout sending me a copy ?? smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

no cd burner yet....
    but will t3 do????

MiCr{}

[This message has been edited by MiCr0 (edited 30-03-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Fowler

Lo dave smile.gifOk dl it in college - open up the PC and rip out the harddrive - send it to me - ill burn the cd in work smile.gif. err or maybe not . Seriously tho compsoc or netsoc or someone not got a burner youse can use?

Oh well might be worth a try

Cya mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Catch22

we could do that or rob could bring in his brner like he did today,
    well be burnin on tuesday i hope
    should be able to sort ya out wit a copy
    if we do burn it smile.gif
    cya niall

Advertisement