Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resi 4 ps2 dates confirmed

Options
  • 04-08-2005 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭

Oct 25th in the states
    4th Nov here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

damn you all there was me thinking its great to own my gamecube.its freaking class though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It won't look as gorgeous as on the Cube. However Eurogamer says the word is that it is surprisingly close to the GC version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Retr0gamer wrote:
    It won't look as gorgeous as on the Cube. However Eurogamer says the word is that it is surprisingly close to the GC version.

i though the ps2 was more powerful then the GC. sorry i might b wrong here im a pc and xbox man :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The Gamecube completely annihilates the PS2 in terms of power and is surprisingly close to the power of an xbox. The lack of ram compared to the xbox and it's virtual memory on the hard drive is what makes the xbox significantly more impressive. There is an awfully big difference in graphical quality on the Gc and PS2. Go play Resi 4 (you really should it's brilliant), The graphical quality far surpasses anything on the PS2 and is equal to anything the xbox can do. There is no way the PS2 could pull off the GC exclusive games without a huge reduction in graphical quality and framerate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Doesn't the ps2 version allow you to have the zombies on the business end of a chainsaw? Almost worth buying it again for, surely!

• Advertisement

Doesn't the ps2 version allow you to have the zombies on the business end of a chainsaw? Almost worth buying it again for, surely!

Quite possibly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

chainsaw, eh? :eek:

think i'll definitely be getting this for my bro this crimbo, then :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Retr0gamer wrote:
    The Gamecube completely annihilates the PS2 in terms of power and is surprisingly close to the power of an xbox. The lack of ram compared to the xbox and it's virtual memory on the hard drive is what makes the xbox significantly more impressive. There is an awfully big difference in graphical quality on the Gc and PS2. Go play Resi 4 (you really should it's brilliant), The graphical quality far surpasses anything on the PS2 and is equal to anything the xbox can do. There is no way the PS2 could pull off the GC exclusive games without a huge reduction in graphical quality and framerate.

You sure about that? Im not saying your wrong just asking for clarification. Ive never actually seen the tech specs for the gamecube though.

I was under the impression the reason resi evil 4 looks so good on gc (and it does, Ive yet to see anything which surpasses it on any current console, doom 3 on xbox comes close though) was that so long was spent on its development, and the fact that thats the games native platform. Stands to reason that it wont look as good on ps2 as its a port over. In general I wouldve thought games look that bit better on the ps2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

well you see sony over exagerate their specs all the time while nintendo dont. and sony extremely over exagerated on the ps2 and i wouldnt be suprised if they do so with the ps3. graphics wise for resi 4 on the cube leons body contained 10000 polygons or somethin but they had to half that to 5000 for the ps2 and make drastic changes elsewhere also just to make it run at the smooth 30fps that the cube vresion dopes and i wouldnt be suprised if it has some slowdown. and the load times will more than likely be big.

Very sure. Well the gamecube has processor almost twice as fast as the PS2 processor a far better graphics card and even more ram. Look up the specs on the interent, they far surpass the PS2.You should also compare similar games as well. There is no FPS game on the PS2 that has the same level of detail on the PS2 than Metroid Prime whilst also throwing around anti-aliasing, distortion effects and a huge colour palette. You won't see better cel-shading than is Wind Waker. There is also no game faster than F-zero GX. That gmae looks gorgeous and yet runs at a perfect 60 fps constantly. And of course there is Resi 4.

Compare the graphics in God of War, by far the PS2's nicest looking game, and they still look a little ropey compare to the best the cube offers. There is also an awful lot of slow down in God of War and it only runs at a maximum of 30 fps. Similar quality games on the cube would have little to no slow down and would run at 60fps no problem.

Don't know why people think it is inferior technically. I think it's just down to fanboy comments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Compare the graphics in God of War, by far the PS2's nicest looking game,

what about transformers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

At this stage, with the level of graphics (compared to when i was a lad with my c64) anyone willing to cry and whinge over which is better looking needs a swift kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Very sure. Well the gamecube has processor almost twice as fast as the PS2 processor a far better graphics card and even more ram. Look up the specs on the interent, they far surpass the PS2.You should also compare similar games as well. There is no FPS game on the PS2 that has the same level of detail on the PS2 than Metroid Prime whilst also throwing around anti-aliasing, distortion effects and a huge colour palette. You won't see better cel-shading than is Wind Waker. There is also no game faster than F-zero GX. That gmae looks gorgeous and yet runs at a perfect 60 fps constantly. And of course there is Resi 4.

Compare the graphics in God of War, by far the PS2's nicest looking game, and they still look a little ropey compare to the best the cube offers. There is also an awful lot of slow down in God of War and it only runs at a maximum of 30 fps. Similar quality games on the cube would have little to no slow down and would run at 60fps no problem.

Don't know why people think it is inferior technically. I think it's just down to fanboy comments.

Well Ill be buggered, Just looked it up, your right. You learn something new every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

Its weird how the nintendoods never bother actually utilising the full potential of the gamecube in their games - granted games like resident evil and mgs substance look outstanding but if you look at all their first-party flagship games they all feature cartoony or cel-shaded crap styling other then some nice water and reflection effects these dont show much in the way graphics. I can only think of the two of nintendo's metroid games which do the gamecube justice in all aspects of being all round great games. Maybe fat plumbers or pikachu dont feel the need to be in ultra-realistic 3D but im sure Nintendo would attract a greater following (in europe anyway) if they focused on their more realistic (looking) games like the fantastic eternal darkness,metroid or Resident evil series'.

ps.Donkey Konga 2 WTF? do they even know their core-market?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

Retr0gamer wrote:
    You won't see better cel-shading than is Wind Waker.
    actually its not cel shaded.its done some other fancy way.so says miamoto

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Hercule wrote:
    Its weird how the nintendoods never bother actually utilising the full potential of the gamecube in their games - granted games like resident evil and mgs substance look outstanding but if you look at all their first-party flagship games they all feature cartoony or cel-shaded crap styling other then some nice water and reflection effects these dont show much in the way graphics. I can only think of the two of nintendo's metroid games which do the gamecube justice in all aspects of being all round great games. Maybe fat plumbers or pikachu dont feel the need to be in ultra-realistic 3D but im sure Nintendo would attract a greater following (in europe anyway) if they focused on their more realistic (looking) games like the fantastic eternal darkness,metroid or Resident evil series'.

ps.Donkey Konga 2 WTF? do they even know their core-market?

I don't think it's that weird, in fact i think it fits in perfectly with what the gamecube is supposed to be: A dedicated gaming machine. I prefer that ninty concentrate on gameplay over graphics. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate fancy graphics as much as anyone but all the fancy graphics in the world are wasted if the gameplay isn't there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

/plays resi 4 on GC...enjoys not having to wait til nov for an inferior version :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

That's great. Didn't think Resi 4 was coming to Gamecube.

I've played every Resi right through the series so it'll be good to play what is supposed to be the best Resi game. I heard that Capcom got rid of all the annoying puzzle bits in this one.

Puzzles are still there but you won't be challenged by any of them. They are far simpler.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Except for one of those annoying tile-sliding puzzles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

i liked the puzzles :(

Been playing since the original and have been dissapointed by every version since res evil2 (that or directors cut of the original are the best imo tho aint played 4 yet).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

Res4 is the best game I've played in years. it kicks so much ass and is surprisingly long. I keep my gamecube in my grannies house so I only ever play it real late at night with the lights out.... ooooh scary!! It actually looks so much better played in the dark cos the detail is broght out much better. it sounds excellent with surround sound aswelll. it's cool that it's coming out for PS2 cos it'd be a shame for ppl to miss out on it. It would have been worth buying a GC just for this though....

Advertisement