Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Powerflow exhausts?

Options
  • 04-08-2005 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

My exhaust fell off on the way to work yesterday, and I'm looking at getting some sort of stainless steel replacement rather than the Kwik Fit option. I've heard good things about Powerflow exhausts IF they're fitted properly. There's a Powerflow agent in Blackrock called Performance Zone, was just wondering if anyone has had any work done with them and if they would recommend them.

Any thoughts regarding exhaust options generally also appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

What type of car have you got and engine size.

Is it for performance or style.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

CRX 1.6 VTEC (not Del Sol)

More interested in substance than style.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

I'd just buy an exhaust designed for your car - the powerflow option is fine when no one makes exhausts for your car. I think Supersprint still make one, mongoose too. Gains with a Powerflow exhaust are very hit and miss.

Id go with a mongoose system

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Have had them recommended to me, all right. Do you know of anywhere in RipOffIreland that does them?

• Advertisement

"Rip of Ireland" its really catchin on isn' it.

I was going to get the gf a Sony cd/mp3 player for her car.
    Ireland = €380.00
    England = €270.00
    Difference = €110.00

WFT??????????

As for a supplier not sure on that front mate but ill have a look around and report back if i see anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

blastman wrote:
    There's a Powerflow agent in Blackrock called Performance Zone, was just wondering if anyone has had any work done with them and if they would recommend them.

yea I got a powerflow backbox installed by them last year. Wasnt a fantastic job but was acceptable. I had no problems with the backbox after installation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

I got a mongoose CAT back system for my last car from Pro - Parts. Not sure if he still supplies them though. Fantastic quality though.

You'll generally find somewhere cheaper to supply the exhaust than over here, the difference is usually neglegible on something like an exhaust once shipping is taken into account though. Nowhere in Ireland is going to hold a performance exhaust for a 15 year old car in stock, hence you're getting the shipping cost passed on to you.

Try searching on eBay.de or google.de to find German suppliers - found one or two who supplied them when I was looking for mine. You'll probably pay about €100 to get it over here.

Advertisement