Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loyalist murder and drug dealing.

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Kilsally wrote:
    Mundane mediocre day to day life in Northern Ireland is no different than the rest of Ireland and the UK. The vast, vast majority of people get on well..peacefully...as good neighbours.
    Absolutely Kilsally. The only policy I have is to avoid the wall mural and kerb painted ghettos (whatever colour kerb :) ) which is a very small part of the north .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭hill16

I know this is off the subject but Murph mentioned that Joe Rafferty was killed only minutes from his home.I can think of at least five people killed near my home in recent years,but their families have no media backing or meetings with the Taoiseach, but families of victims who were allegedly killed by Republicans are seen to be bigger victims.WHY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭black_jack

hill16 wrote:
    I know this is off the subject but Murph mentioned that Joe Rafferty was killed only minutes from his home.I can think of at least five people killed near my home in recent years,but their families have no media backing or meetings with the Taoiseach, but families of victims who were allegedly killed by Republicans are seen to be bigger victims.WHY.

Because they weren't murdered by the paramilitary wing of a Irish political party?

This, pointed at something else, to distract from murders by republicans, is just particularly low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Kilsally

hill16 wrote:

Partly I would presumebecause the Sinn Fein type Republicans are now seen as a real political threat but I think many Republican victims feel very let down and forgotten when they see all the prisoners being released (including mass murdering Loyalists thugs it must be said).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Kilsally wrote:
    Partly I would presumebecause the Sinn Fein type Republicans are now seen as a real political threat but I think many Republican victims feel very let down and forgotten when they see all the prisoners being released (including mass murdering Loyalists thugs it must be said).

They're happy enough about murdering Republican thugs, tho?

No, Operation Ploughshare still seems the best solution. On a day when the wind is blowing north, naturally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

hill16, Rafferty was one of many people gunned down here in D15 over the past few years, but he was completely unknown to Gardai as opposed to most of the acknowledged drug (misery) dealing scum who die violent deaths around here. Forgive me if I don't feel as sorry for their families as I do for Joe Rafferty's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭supersheep

What exactly is Operation Ploughshare? Is it something about control of small arms smuggling? 'Cos I highly doubt you're talking about a project to think of peaceful uses for nuclear bombs (unless you want to use them to blow up all the paramilitaries...)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

supersheep wrote:
    What exactly is Operation Ploughshare? Is it something about control of small arms smuggling? 'Cos I highly doubt you're talking about a project to think of peaceful uses for nuclear bombs (unless you want to use them to blow up all the paramilitaries...)

No, no, I'm talking about the PNE programme. Blast a 2 mile wide sea canal along the border.

(I'm joking, obviously. After all, it would be quite expensive.)

Advertisement