Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In reply to Helgs post...

Options
  • 24-03-1999 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

I agree with Helg.

Yes it would nice that NS wouldn't bomb out if a person has bad HTML in the page. But the simple fact is the reason why they have bad HTML is because they were using IE or M$ products to test it.

It annoys me when you have people putting down "HTML Programmer" when they wouldn't know a HTML tag if it hit them. "Web page designer" now, that's a different story.

Also some of the CSS extensions are created by M$.

As people in some cases people get paid good money to design a site, they should be the ones to suffer for doing bad HTML.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Helg

oops, sorry Hobbes I didn't see this until I replied back in Quake.

Bri.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Karla

I used to think IE was great and NS was a load of crap, but these days it's becoming more and more obvious to me that the IE parser is actually completely brain dead. It doesn't stick to any HTML rules. You don't even have to close tags that need closing! That leads to poor cross browser design not the cause of the designer but because of the parser. A standard HTML should be enforced and all software developers should have to abide by it.
    And they could get rid of that godawful <marquee> tag, ewwww.

BTW I hear IE5 is M$'s last broswer release anyone know if this is true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭earthworm_jim

Agreed on the NS/IE thing. If your site looks ok in Netscape then odds on it looks ok in ie. The reverse definitely isn't true. Just mickysoft trying to convince ppl they are better by ignoring/creating their own standards.

What really ****es me off is the way they have different implementations of dhtml. Basically means dhtml is useless which is a pity cos it has lots of potential.

I can't see microsoft ever releasing a final version of anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Bill4

emmmm, ah, ahem, Am I sensing some emmm hos, hostility here? Why don't we all have a collective hug to solve the problem and if that doesn't work I'll get the boys to release a patch for less than $29.99!

OK?

(boys, if they don't respond or give any trouble, Buy 'em!)

smile.gif

Advertisement