Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Talk plans no longer include UK calls

Options
  • 04-08-2005 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭

Just checking out the Meteor site (http://www.meteor.ie/makethemove/talk.html) and they no longer include calls to UK landlines & mobiles in their inclusive minutes. That was one of the main reasons I moved to Meteor :-( On the plus side they now include free text messages with each package.

My contract expires in December, do you think they will have to honour the prices that were in effect when I signed the contract i.e. allow me to call UK numbers in my inclusive minutes. According to the "View Calls" on MyMeteor I am still not being charged extra for the UK calls.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

go eircom!!! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

AFAIK if you're part of one of the old call plans you keep the benefits ie calls to the UK as part of your minutes. If you upgrade to one of the newer packages, you will lose these benefits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Chalk wrote:
    go eircom!!! :/

These prices were announced the day Eircon announced a deal. It would be amazing if they could dictate prices for a company they don't yet own.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

their texts to the uk are still alot cheaper than o2 and vodafone.

15c compaired to 25c

this is the reason i'm with em, gf lives in london, so text alot.

as for ringing the uk from my mobile, i use a 1520 number, 30c a min, not great but better than nothing.

gonna move from pay as you go back to bill pay, my bills are actualy more on pay as you go!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

paulm17781 wrote:
    These prices were announced the day Eircon announced a deal. It would be amazing if they could dictate prices for a company they don't yet own.
    apologies,
    havent seen it announced before so was going on the assumption of it being posted today
    and therefore being todays news.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Does Eircom actually own Meteor now? I thought they had to go and raise the money to close the deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

We were talking about it here earlier:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=283003

Advertisement