Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pings

Options
  • 04-08-2005 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭

Whats a good ping for a server?

My average on Bladefist is 250... if that was any other online game it would be unplaybale...but is that decent for this game?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I used to range from 80 to 300 ping, depending on the time of day.

80 was awesome, but anything 250+ was pretty difficult to play. You had a tendency to freeze in any sizeable encounter.
    It made BG's unplayable. Luckily this was a relatively rare thing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

i have a ping of 148 at the moment, and thats what i ususlly get

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

You need a great ping in FPS games, but in MMORPGs, not so much. My ping is usually around 150 ish and it's absolutely fine. It's playable in the hundreds even. It's not a twitch game so it doesn't matter as much (but lower ping is always nicer).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭[Core]

I play at about 80, it doesnt make much of a difference though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I get a ping of 300-350 on my oh so fantastical "sure its grand" wireless connection. Grand for questing solo etc but in a large party things get funky.

• Advertisement
Advertisement