Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Solskjaer to make first team return??

• 04-08-2005 4:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

Solskjaer, the popular Norwegian who memorably scored the injury-time goal which won United the Champions League in 1999, has endured a miserable two seasons with injury.

The 32-year-old was not expected to be fit until October after being forced to have a second operation on the knee ligaments he damaged against Panathinaikos in September 2003.

The second bout of surgery forced Solskjaer to miss the whole of last season, sparking fears he may have to quit.

However, in the aftermath of last night's 6-1 triumph over Royal Antwerp, Ferguson revealed Solskjaer is not too far away from a comeback and could even be available for selection when United head to Everton for their opening Barclays Premiership game on August 13.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=338064&cc=5739

Personally i would love to see Solskjaer make it back to full fitness and get a full season of football. He deserves it has being a great servant and shown great loyalty to United throughout the years, he's a legend and deserves to play again.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Brilliant news. It will be great to see him playing again after so many years of loyalty to United. He is definately one of the true United legends. Great attitude and gives his all for the United cause. I'm afraid he won't be the player he once was though. It would be some achievement if he did come back and play as well as he used to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

hes a very good player alright and before he got injured he played on the wing and did very well indeed.

didnt he used to be a liverpool fan many moons ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

yeah great news hes back. hopefully the injury hasnt taken too much from him. at 32 its going to be difficult to return but if anyone can this man can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I was jumping with joy when I saw this news, he is an absolute legend, and a model professional. I hope he makes his return at Old Trafford, the place would errupt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

Yeah im sure when he gets back to full fitness and ready to play for the first team that Sir Alex will probably make sure he makes his return at Old Trafford. As you said Necromomicon the place would erupt, there would be a great atmosphere there. He is a model professional and absolute United legend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Great player and i would like to see him back at his best coming off that bench ten mins to go scoring the winner you know he can do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

the baby faced assassin is back,great news,loyallity is the mans middle name,take note rio!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

was watching premiership years last night and realised how much i missed seeing this guy plays. Hes an absolute legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

I wonder did he start shaving yet?

Good to see him back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

They will need him

Louis Saha's stop-start career at Manchester United has come to an abrupt halt again.

The French striker will be sidelined "for a number of weeks" after undergoing knee surgery on Thursday.

Saha played only last week against Urawa Red Diamonds but was then ruled out of the friendlies against Wrexham and Antwerp as his problems became apparent.

A club spokeswoman told ManUtd.com: "Louis Saha yesterday had arthroscopic surgery for damage to the medial meniscus in his right knee. Louis will be out for a number of weeks."

Saha has been plagued by injuries since joining from Fulham in January 2004 and made just 21 starts.

United still have strength in depth up front with the likes of Ruud van Nistelrooy, Wayne Rooney and Alan Smith around and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer close to a return to full fitness.

However Saha's absence will only increase the speculation that Michael Owen might now become a target.

The England striker has already admitted to being sounded out by a number of Premiership clubs after being pushed down the pecking order at Real Madrid.

National coach Sven-Goran Eriksson is one who believes a Rooney-Owen partnership would be a bonus at club level going into the World Cup finals.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is also on his way back after being plagued by knee injuries over the last couple of seasons.

Old Trafford boss Ferguson even hinted this week that he might be fit for the start of the season.

United open their league campaign against Rooney's former club Everton next weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Agree entirely ! A legend for united and I too am delighted he's set to make a comeback. I'd love to be at OT for that occasion !

ZEN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I will echo everyones else comments. He must be one of the most popular players ever to don a United Jersey. Fingers crossed that his injury is 100% healed and that he will return as good as ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

same here... he's probably the soccer player I most respect and I think he's one of the best clinical strikers we've ever seen.
    (I'm not a Man Utd fan by the way...).
    If only Sheffield Wednesday could pick him up on a freebie :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Does anyone watch the classic Prem matches that are on TG4 late on saturday nights? Last night was the Nottingham Forest vs. United when Solskjaer came on in the last 15 minutes and got 4 goals. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

i really hope this guys comeback is the villa game for two reasons
    1.good chance of gettin a goal villa are a mid-table team at best so good ol ole can easily sneak one.

2.I will be there to soak in what will surely be a amazing atmosphere.

so heres hoping for a august 20th return of what is surely a thankfully still playing legend. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

Does anyone watch the classic Prem matches that are on TG4 late on saturday nights? Last night was the Nottingham Forest vs. United when Solskjaer came on in the last 15 minutes and got 4 goals. :)

Yea, just made it in in time for the last 20 minutes - ah the nostalgia! And such clinical finishes from Ole - cant belive thats over 6 years ago now!!

Brock wrote:

2.I will be there to soak in what will surely be a amazing atmosphere.

you might be able to help me! im heading over to the manchester derby and i need to get from the airport to old trafford. if i get a bus to the city am i far from ot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭SteM

you might be able to help me! im heading over to the manchester derby and i need to get from the airport to old trafford. if i get a bus to the city am i far from ot?

Get a train from the airport to Picadilly train station. Then in the basement of the station you can get a Metro tram from there to a stop about 5 minutes walk from the ground. This link should have all the info you need...

http://www.gmpte.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Sarge wrote:
    Great player and i would like to see him back at his best coming off that bench ten mins to go scoring the winner you know he can do it
    as long as he doesn't do it against Liverpool. :o

As a footballer and a finisher, he is the one player over the years (apart from Beckham) that I feared the most in the Liverpool v Man U games.

Top class player. Would like to see him back playing again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

SteM wrote:
    Get a train from the airport to Picadilly train station. Then in the basement of the station you can get a Metro tram from there to a stop about 5 minutes walk from the ground. This link should have all the info you need...

http://www.gmpte.com/

Transport in Manchester is a dream.
    The trains to the city centre (Picadilly) from the airport run nearly ever 10mins (around £2.55 / €4 I think) and the metro is great.
    You shouldnt have any trouble.

• Advertisement

thanks guys

Advertisement