Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wonka Bars

• 04-08-2005 5:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone out there tried the new Wonka bars that have been bought out to tie in the with film?

At this stage, I've tried two of them, the triple fudge, and the carmel one. The first was lovely, milk chocolate blocks containing a mixture of caramel and fudge. The second was horrible, basically white chocolate squares containing caramel, far too sickly sweet.

anyone tried the others?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

dudara wrote:
    anyone tried the others?

No, but do they still sell the crackly ones? I must attempt to lacate and sample these aforementioned bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

afaik, they're not made by the same fellas who make the fizzy chocolate.
    aren't these made by nestlé?
    does anyone know of somewhere in town where they can be bought? i've been hankering after them since i heard they came out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Yep - made by nestle - tried them all and they are delish - no sign of a golden ticket yet. I think Spar's sell them. Of course you can by an original here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The other one is a 'Nutty Surprise' flavoured one... and the surprise is that it contains no nuts. In actual fact it tastes exactly like those Munchies bars.

Easons have them... and I got one in that newsagents next to the Molly Molone statue.

Nice packaging on them and there's even 5 golden tickets out there somewhere (No purchase necessary)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Ive had the Nutty Surprise and its surprisingly nice, me likes. The 'whipping scrumptious something-mallow delight' is great too, enjoyable to the last. Ill be buying more thats for definite.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭She-Ra

Rhyme wrote:
    Ive had the Nutty Surprise and its surprisingly nice, me likes. The 'whipping scrumptious something-mallow delight' is great too, enjoyable to the last. Ill be buying more thats for definite.
    aw the fudgemallow delight.... i'm hooked!
    has anyone tried the sweets?? they're called wibbles or something... taste like bad stale jelly tots covered in chocolate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Right well I forgot about looking for them today. They're not one of those E1.50 jobs are they?

Fudgemellow delight. /drools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The triple fudge one is great, the tastiest I think - the others just taste like regular bars you can buy elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

What kinda price have they on em. Have seen em in most of the store when I'd be working but I haven't tasted em yet.

70c a bar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

80cent in the Londis on the Dublin Road in Dundalk for the white chocolate one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

so, under a euro roughly, then???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭mokeymokey

the funge one tastes like thoses lindor sweets out with a pisece of fudge

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

the fudge one is ok, the caramel one the lovely....

Is that the white chocolate one? If so, thats what I actually meant in my above posts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I found the fudge mallow delight or whatever its acalled far too sweet and I didnt like the chocolate. Its Nestle chocolate, which is horrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you mean the white chocolate one, then I have to disagree with you. Just like the white Rolos, the combination of caramel and white chocolate is just too sweet.

Had the nutrageous one there recently, very yummy

Advertisement