Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fedex - shipment exception!???

Options
  • 04-08-2005 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

I got an order shipped to me from the US, and I got the tracking number today, when I track it, it says the package is in Dublin, but is held at customs, I called Fedex, and the guy talked and talked but could not give a definite answer on what's going on, I was wondering have any of you guys/girls had similar problems? I don't know what is going on, I don't want it to be sent back, the company that shipped the package, told me that they'd contact Fedex, and minutes after I hung up they called Fedex and left them their phone number for any questions.

I don't know what is going on

http://img306.imageshack.us/img306/6250/gdr4ms.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

It's probably being held by them, becuase they are going to tax you. Not anything odd.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

ah, well that's ok

Thanks Lump :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Yep, next time you buy ask the seller if they would mark "gift" on the box[1]. This way you will not be held up for tax.
    Be prepared to wait a copule of weeks for this parcel though.

[1]
    I am not certain of the legalities of doing such a thing. But I have done it many times.

I couldn't since I bought it from a website :( the only website that had that product, Dell PSU, you can't find it anywhere :(

and WTF couple of WEEKS? are they fking serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

It can be anything from a few days to a few months, thb.
    A mate once had a package held up for 6 months.
    By the time he got it, you could buy them in maplins/etc for half the price he paid...

• Advertisement

oh that's really bad :(

I will start ringing them everyday, and annoying them

Thanks for the asnwer! :)

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

If you call up and hassle them they will get it to you asap, never had anything held for more than a day or two..

Advertisement