Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'Boy Eats Girl' censorship

• 04-08-2005 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭

I read this:

http://www.ifco.ie/ifco/ifcoweb.nsf/web/news?opendocument&news=yes&type=graphic
    Abbey Films, the distributor of the Irish film ‘Boy Eats Girl’ has succeeded in its appeal against a decision of the Film Censor.

On 25th July, the Censorship of Films Appeal Board reversed the Film Censor’s decision to refuse a certificate to the Irish film ‘Boy Eats Girl’ unless a designated scene was cut. The Appeal Board’s decision was unanimous.

‘Boy Eats Girl’, produced by Element Films, will be released on 23rd September 2005 with a 15A certificate.

Anyone know what the scene was? Odd that the censor would refuse a cert altogether unless the scene was cut.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭shuushh

no idea

but any film thats about rampaging zombies in the Dublin suburbs and stars Samantha Mumba deserves to be supported

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I was reading about this in the Irish Times today. It seems like a weird one. They speculated that the scene might have involved a suicide. Not sure whether that's true or not.

If the scene was that bad that they there was the chance the film might not get a cert if it was kept in how come after the appeal the film received a 15A cert. You'd expect it to get an 18 cert or at the very least a 16 cert.

I wonder was this why the film didn't get shown at the Galway Film Fleadh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Quinnsey

This is the second time Kelleher's attempt to ban a film has been overturned by the appeal board. The last one being Spun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Perhaps they're trying to stop Ms. Mumba from singing...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Quinnsey wrote:
    This is the second time Kelleher's attempt to ban a film has been overturned by the appeal board. The last one being Spun.

I almost wish Spun had been banned. A terrible, terrible film. Turgid crap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭shltter

shuushh wrote:
    no idea

but any film thats about rampaging zombies in the Dublin suburbs and stars Samantha Mumba deserves to be supported

So westlife are in it as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭shuushh

I wonder was this why the film didn't get shown at the Galway Film Fleadh.

tis, it was meant to premiere there i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

shuushh wrote:
    no idea

Only if it's a snuff film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

I so can't wait to see this film!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭the_obsolete

Mayb the scene is about a boy eatin a girl's downstairs?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

I almost wish Spun had been banned. A terrible, terrible film. Turgid crap.

I though it was pretty good.

After watching it I actually felt really unsettled and jumpy (was very late at night though and I was tired).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭the_obsolete

No no no, methinks ya be up in the sproose moose! The film wasn't just bad, it was baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭slovessmg

There is a very graphic suicide scene in the movie (I saw a rough cut as part of the market research for the movie) but it wasn't particularly disturbing. The movie overall was quite funny, I thing it's better than Shaun of the Dead the same type of thing but Boy Eats Girl does it slightly better, well better dialouge, worse acting!

Advertisement