Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smashing Pumpkins Reunion News Update

Options
  • 05-08-2005 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Jimmy Chamberlin, drummer for The Smashing Pumpkins said at a drum clinic a couple of days ago that the Pumpkins will begin recording a new album in February followed by a tour.

He also said that contact has been made with James Iha and Darcy Wretzky about a return to the band, but that Corgan and Chamberlin are awaiting confirmation on whether they wish to return or not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Any links???

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Good stuff. Wouldn't mind a return to the Pumpkins of old, where the songs were straight ahead rock instead of Corgan getting completely lost up his own arse. Adore worked well I thought but Machina/Machina 2 were just long drawn out for the sake of it (IMHO;)).

sw0ot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

dregin wrote:
    Good stuff. Wouldn't mind a return to the Pumpkins of old, where the songs were straight ahead rock instead of Corgan getting completely lost up his own arse. Adore worked well I thought but Machina/Machina 2 were just long drawn out for the sake of it (IMHO;)).
    Went to the Colchester clinic last night, absolutely amazing! I asked Jimmy if he knew what sort of direction the pumpkins new album will take and his answer was prog rock, Jellybelly and Geek USA stuff which is great news. Looks like Billy and Jimmy are ready to rock!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

oh fúckin right on!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ilac

That's so great! It'd be really deadly if James and D'Arcy came back too... I'll settle for Billy and Jimmy though. In fact, at this stage a lot of people would probably be happy with just Billy, playing Pumpkins songs...

Ilac wrote:
    In fact, at this stage a lot of people would probably be happy with just Billy, playing Pumpkins songs...
    You still need Jimmy. Adore and the Adore tour were lacking his drumming. Jimmy was rumoured to have re-recorded all the drum tracks to Adore when he came back, so hopefully they'll release a version with him on it in some form or another in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

That's brilliant news, I only got into 'em a year ago, so I thought I'd missed my chance to see them live...Can't wait for new songs :)

That's brilliant news, I only got into 'em a year ago, so I thought I'd missed my chance to see them live...Can't wait for new songs :)
    It's nice to see there's still new people getting into them. I had that same feeling before as I got into them after Jimmy had been kicked out, so him coming back in 99 had a similar feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

IMO that Billy's just in it for the money, pretty cheap tbh, never really got into the pumpkins....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'm pretty sure, even though he urged everyone so much to buy his album, that Billy is minted.

It's going to be weird hearing NEW pumpkins material! Can't wait!!:)

IMO that Billy's just in it for the money, pretty cheap tbh, never really got into the pumpkins....
    Jimmy even said they weren't "doing it to take your money" by just doing a reunion tour and playing old stuff.

New album will be recorded in February. Tour to follow after.
    The Jimmy Chamberlin Complex and Billy solo career will continue in parallel. If Iha comes back, I wouldn't be surprised if he switched back and forth between the Pumpkins and APC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

OFDM wrote:
    Jimmy even said they weren't "doing it to take your money" by just doing a reunion tour and playing old stuff.

New album will be recorded in February. Tour to follow after.
    The Jimmy Chamberlin Complex and Billy solo career will continue in parallel. If Iha comes back, I wouldn't be surprised if he switched back and forth between the Pumpkins and APC.

Okay, so i might be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

he wont be doing anythiny with APC cause TOOL will be back in business by then and Maynard wont be around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

New stuff from Tool AND the Pumpkins?

Life doesn't get much better than this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ilac

cornbb wrote:
    New stuff from Tool AND the Pumpkins?

Life doesn't get much better than this :)

All we need now is a few more reforms (My Bloody Valentine) and maybe a few more world tours (Pearl Jam)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

please please please be the original line-up!!! Yeah I agree the two Machina albums weren't that great. I loved Adore- it got slated but it was a great album. Can't wait!!!

Advertisement