Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rip-Off Songs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

weezer - we are all on drugs

rips off the diarrhea song lol

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

feylya wrote:
    haha what a rip... who ripped who?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Leeway had the song first. At least, they had it in public first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

gwen stefani what u waiting for is the same tune in the verses as hash pipe by weezer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Misfits: Some Kinda Hate
    Undertones: Teenage Kicks

Sam ****ing Riff. mind you i like both songs

I think Misfits were the theives but not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

heres a funny one that was totally my fault, Chupa cabra:angels tears Vs. Patricide: vice script

But to add a more famous one, the intro to Metallica: escape Vs. the intro to pantera: Cemetary gates

o yea dont forget spiders by system of a down Vs. between angels and insects by papa roach

i also heard some saliva song the last day that was the EXACT ****ing same as fight song they just gayed it up with crappy lrics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Snow Patrol - Run is sheer plaigarism of My Dying Bride - The Dreadfull Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Cungi

Pearl Jam's Given to Fly rips off some Led Zeppelin track. Can't remember which one though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

feylya wrote:
    Leeway had the song first. At least, they had it in public first.

Yeah but Leeway B000000CFY.jpg had the name and albums out over 10 years before Leeway from Fundalk. Besides, don't half of Leeway from Fundalk play in a RATM cover band? Isn't it inevitable that they're so into pretending to being Tom Morello they will write something so Tom Morello that eventually Tom Morello will write it too? :p Creepy :cool:

Anyway, who thinks this old Bleak House NWOBHM song sounds like this not as old Metallica song? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Puff Daddy = Kashmir by Led Zeppelin :D

Last Resort by Papa Roach = Genghis Khan by Iron Maiden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

****ing hell DoctorJ! That's an unreal song. I have to say, the singer does whine a bit though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

'Set The Stage Alight' by NWOBHM band Weapon also "influenced"... ahem... Metallica's 'Hit The Lights' just a little :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

'Set The Stage Alight' by NWOBHM band Weapon

Now that's the sh1t right there! Good man Doc :D

Tank or Angelwitch, anyone?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Cremo wrote:
    weezer - we are all on drugs

rips off the diarrhea song lol
    Not forgetting that other single that was a Joan Jett pastiche.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

In fairness though nearly All joan jett songs are some form of cover or Ramones Rip off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

at least kid rock does it without shame!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

feylya wrote:

A friend recently pointed me in the direction of the same Audioslave song and back to the ye olde Metallica song Bad Seed.
    Have a listen for yourselves

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

The whole of the Kingdom Come debut album is a complete rip off of Led Zeppelin.

Also Marilyn Manson had a song out a while ago(cant remember the name!) that was a rip off of Be Aggressive by Faith No More.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jim_Are_Great

Lyla - that new song by Oasis - is just the Rolling Stones' Street Fighting Man with different lyrics.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Rage Against The Machine - Wake Up is a blatant rip off of Led Zeppelin's Kashmir

Puff Daddy's song Come with me wasn't a rip off of Kashmir-it was a sample, and it had Jimmy Page playing on it.

A funny one is Lordi's The Devil Is A loser, the start of it sounds very like the opening to Metallica's Enter Sandman

Waltons wrote:
    A friend recently pointed me in the direction of the same Audioslave song and back to the ye olde Metallica song Bad Seed.
    Have a listen for yourselves
    thats mad.. what album is bad seed on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

the riff from smashing pumking-Perfect souns an awful lot like Whipping Boy- Blined.
    The Manic's If you tolerate this then you children will be next sounds like the stranglers-Dutchess slowed down

and everything the rapture have ever done rips of either Gang of Four or PIL

the riff from smashing pumking-Perfect souns an awful lot like Whipping Boy- Blined.
    whoa i had noticed that blinded was very like something but i never realised... wow thats the best rip off so far..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I think the riff in Deftones My Own Summer is a rip of a Biohazard song from Urban Discipline, can't remember the name for the life of me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Steoob wrote:
    thats mad.. what album is bad seed on?

It's on Reload, back in 97

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭dantbyhid

SOAD- BYOB the beginning is identical to Megadeth's Rattlehead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Droogie

Nirvana's "Breed" off of Nevermind is strikingly similar to RATM's "Sleep Now in the Fire" from The Battle of Los Angeles. Different scale and a little difference in speed but it's the same basic tune...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Smashing Pumpkins -Today; sounds exactly like an old song that I can't for the life of me remember the name of! Well, everything except the high pitched bit is almost identical!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

OK, it's not a song, but the video to sum41's "The Hell song" (the one with the finger puppets in it) is a hell of a lot like Bad religion "New America" video.......

Advertisement