Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rip-Off Songs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Pantera's Rise off Far beyond driven sounds like Helmet's Unsung(the one on GTA:San Andreas)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

The Red Hot Chilli Peppers 'Around The World' is REALLY like 'Breadfan' by Budgie.

Wasnt the start of Wake Up by RATM not just kind of in homage to the Zep? Not denying that it sounds REALLY similar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

I always thought Cochise by Audioslave was identical to "Whole lotta love", you can notice it easily...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Droogie

I always thought Cochise by Audioslave was identical to "Whole lotta love", you can notice it easily...

Never noticed that TBH...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Marylin mansons mobscene has the exact same part in it as be agressive by faith no more the funny thing is i think its the same chich singing the bit or at least they sound a whole lot alike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Red Soup

Anything off U2's latest album sounds like refried riffs to me. and the new coldplay album sounds like the old one to me.
    the new audioslave album has a song that sounds almost exactly like Cochise, and the chili pepper's "by the way" bass riff accidently rips off a RATM riff.

oh yeah, and gorilaz' "feel good" song uses bits from the kinks' "sunny afternoon". the list goes on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Pistol Pete

Only one I can think of off the top of my head is RHCP ripping off REM's "Orange Crush" in "Fortune Faded", but I reckon most of the ripoffs we're talking about are subconscious plagerism (or in some cases coincidence) rather than any concerted effort to write a song that sounds exactly like something else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭the_obsolete

The Kashmir part of Wake Up is a homage to Zep, they never played the riff live (as far as I'm aware), it was always just the big mad screechy bit.
    Beginning of Seasons by Slayer is another homage, this time to Sabbath's Black Sabbath.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

Beginning of Seasons by Slayer is another homage, this time to Sabbath's Black Sabbath.
    wow didn't know that... doesn't really sound that similar tho...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭the_obsolete

Ya have ta listen to both a few times before ya cop on to it, a mate told me bout it and at first I was very very doubtful, but the more I listened the more similar they sounded. Plus the whole drums thang hides it a bit more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

u2's Vertigo is the exact same song as the vines get free just gayed down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭THEZAPPA

same i always noticed that!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

bombidol wrote:
    In fairness though nearly All joan jett songs are some form of cover or Ramones Rip off
    I thought Ramones was a designer? I know people who bought t-shirts in Urban Outfitters designed by the four Ramones brothers. I think it's like Dolce and Gabbana...

Advertisement