Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2.5cc Two-Stroke Engine HELP

Options
  • 05-08-2005 2:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hi, Can Anyone tell me is a 2.5cc two stroke engine, powerfull?

is it a good engine, How fast could it go?? i heard 40mph :)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

A 2.5cc 2-stroke will go any speed. It depends.
    You didn't tell us what it is attached to... car, boat, plane?

If you are referring to a car, then 40-mph is quite a calm speed, 50mph is no problem, and expensive tuned engines (unsuited to beginners) will push a car at 100mph.

In model airplanes the cheapest 2.5cc can go at 100mph with no trouble at all, and 150-200mph is considered "fast".

Does this answer your question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭boy1er1990

Thanks, Thats great

Its Just a standard 4 wheel drive, I Am Building it at the moment,

does anyone Know any websites with Videos, Pics Or Cool Accesories for My Monster Truck

I Have included some Pictures Of What it will look Like

Can You tell me how powerfull it will actully be, its Just A ordinary Monster truck** SEE PICTURE

I also want advice if i was buying a nitro car or truck, What Should i go for??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

What form is that truck coming in? magazine by the week?

boy1er1990 wrote:
    does anyone Know any websites with Videos, Pics Or Cool Accesories for My Monster Truck?
    And there are quite a few videos discussed in the threads on this forum. Some made by our own contributers of their models in action. Chuklez did a good T-Maxx video. If you read the threads you will come across the links to those video clips. www.greenhobbymodel.com here in Ireland has videos of cars and buggies for a start, as well as other videos of planes etc.
    Take a look at the websites of the model manufacturers too.
    Carson, Tamiya, CEN, Thunder Tiger, Kyosho, Traxxas, HPI for example.
    They have promotional videos of their products. Remember - these are designed to make u buy the stuff, and don't give a fair representation of how difficult it actually is to use it !

cool, Thanks Coolwings

The monster truck comes in a Issue every thursday, week by week, but all of the pieces aare on ebay at low prices

Is there any clubs around ireland for RC Cars and trucks, Like Tounaments and all that??

• Advertisement

coolwings wrote:
    A 2.5cc 2-stroke will go any speed. It depends.
    QUOTE]

Can My Engine Be Tuned to go Faster??

and does nitros wreck your engine??

what about the fuel - What fuel or additives is the best to buy, and where can i buy it??

sorry bout all the questions, if i was going to buy a nitro car/truck, what make should i buy?? :)

those car magazines are way too pricey, you can buy a truck in kit format + extra parts and its still only half of what you pay for those magazines!!

All of the info you need is available on the internet, you just got to look a bit!

boy1er1990 wrote:
    Can My Engine Be Tuned to go Faster??
    Err ... yes ... but can u drive it faster without accidents? ;)
    boy1er1990 wrote:
    and does nitros wreck your engine??
    Nitro doesn't really alter your top speed much, but with it you accellerate to that speed quicker. It adds torque. And it will help u wreck your engine. But it is u that wrecks the engine - not the nitro. It justs helps u. :p

boy1er1990 wrote:
    What fuel or additives is the best to buy, and where can i buy it??
    It is calle glowfuel, and u get it in a local hobby shop. Their locations are in the "General Guide sticky" here .. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=199335
    boy1er1990 wrote:
    sorry bout all the questions, if i was going to buy a nitro car/truck, what make should i buy?? :)
    What make car to buy?
    This is a good one....you see, everyone will recommend the one that they themselves have. They are familiar with that particular make. So they know less about the other ones. I personally prefer Carson, Tamiya, Traxxas, and CEN in that order.
    The ads however tell u to buy the one sold by the ad writer.
    The mag reviews are all written by people paid to say nice things, and it is very rare to find criticism of a product in a review.

Will it be fast enough?
    If u read the ads u will be led into getting a machine that is too complex, and hard to use. When u are a beginner, u really want to buy something simple and tough. Trust me, they are ALL VERY VERY FAST, even the "slower" ones. The words "easy to maintain" are more important than u think.

If I am very capable - How much backup will I need?
    All I can say is think hard and make up your mind carefully. Weigh the advice you get and decide carefully whether u believe all of it. It is a good idea to buy a make that has parts available near to where u live, cos u will need parts to make repairs. These are for using, and if u don't break parts, then u will wear them out, and need them anyway.

I hope this helps answer your questions.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Good call coolwings, I agree 99% ;-) (I prefer traxxas for the EZ-START system :p )

Thanks Coolwings, you guys are great!

The Magazines are dearer but when you have no idea about Building Nitro monster trucks its very handy to have Plus- With every magazine there is alot of reading about all of the parts and all of the Performance and All about other cars and tyres etc.

If you ask me them magazines are worth the money.

However i am thinking of Maybe starting a bit of a collection after i build this one.

But i think i will just stay with the one i am building, when my camera is fixed i will send some pics of it.

Any other talk or hints i should know about?? ......

• Advertisement

Can i have some tips on driving it and controlling jumps and all that, i believe this truck has a brake, can i use that to my advantage??

Is there any tips on Courses or jumps i can build?? any help and info would be great, Thanks lads.

Can you add some pics of your RC's if you have any pics,

Is there any cool body's anywhere??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

boy1er1990 wrote:
    Can i have some tips on driving it and controlling jumps and all that, i believe this truck has a brake, can i use that to my advantage??

Is there any tips on Courses or jumps i can build?? any help and info would be great, Thanks lads.

Can you add some pics of your RC's if you have any pics,

Is there any cool body's anywhere??
    yeah i would like that too! god damit these things are to much money!once i can make a bit of money im happy! I have 250 atm and my dad will pay a bit for it. I am thinking of getting a traxxas t-maxx. is there any different versions of it which would be cheaper???
    sry for hi-jacking you thread

Hey No Prob Flunked, Please, i would be honoured to talk with you.

Can you explain in more detail what you are on about, as in job wise and what you are agreeing with? :)

will do. I'm agrreing with the fact that you would like some pics & controlling jumps making good jumps etc. job wise in my sig it will say im only 13 what sort of job can i get? NEED MONEY or something like that cause this hobby costs alot of money (or so i have read):) hope that helped

I am Opening up a new thread on how to handle a monster truck, you know,
    jumps and tips etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Flunked wrote:
    is there any different versions of it which would be cheaper???

S-maxx and sport maxx. These dont have reverse or 4x4. The only difference is the wheels, tires and body also the S-maxx has 2 speed transmission, single on the sport maxx. The t-maxx is way better than the 2 that includes 4x4 and reverse with 2 speed

ok t-maxx it is. now how the f**k do i make money to pay for the costs??????? :confused: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Flunked wrote:
    ok t-maxx it is. now how the f**k do i make money to pay for the costs??????? :confused: :mad:
    Save up or just get it for your birthday or christmas like I did. Whats your budget? I got mine from Tower hobbies with everything included except fuel for E450. Not bad :p

:eek: :eek: :o not bad??? €450??? I dont think I'll be getting one for a few years!!!I only have 250 how the heck do i make that money?? (look at my sig, im only 13)so im probly aint getting one for a gd while well thx anyways

There is a monster truck that costs about €290, u have to fit the radio and wheels, but the rest is already built.

Buggies also cost less, and can still handle rough surfaces.

U don't need electric start u know, it just adds to the cost.

• Advertisement

Hey i was 15 on the 10th of august, (YESTERDAY) i had 400 cash saved away and i got 10 pound and about 120 euro, that gives me a total of 550euro And i have No iDea What To Do with it,, JUST SAVE ALL THE MONEY YOU GET took me a year to get this but it was worth it!!

By the way ii work for my uncle for 15euro a day!! Not bad at only 15, plus my grandaunt gives me ten euro for a few hours of work! and on top of that i get 3 euro for lunch every day, that leaves me with roughly 30 euro a week!

give or take another 50 and you can get a revo from www.modelsport.co.uk
    T-maxx would even be cheaper there!

so much **** to choose from!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

boy1er1990 wrote:
    Hey i was 15 on the 10th of august, (YESTERDAY)

Happy birthday :)
    boy1er1990 wrote:
    JUST SAVE ALL THE MONEY YOU GET took me a year to get this but it was worth it!!

I did the same for RC planes back in the day, I bought one too aerobatic for my skill level though and crashed (as in binbag job) it in a few weeks, lesson learnt.
    boy1er1990 wrote:
    By the way ii work for my uncle for 15euro a day!! Not bad at only 15, plus my grandaunt gives me ten euro for a few hours of work! and on top of that i get 3 euro for lunch every day, that leaves me with roughly 30 euro a week!

Good that you're earning and getting work experience for the real world etc, but I have to say, that's pretty shoddy pay....try looking into getting some minimum wage job, as you're under 16 you can only work limited hours, but you'll probably still earn alot more than you are now :)

Thanks, though i am very small for my age, i look about 12, but still.

I Will try to get job experience in tesco or somewhere next year maybe,

I am only starting in the "RC World" and so far it sounds great,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

boy1er1990 wrote:
    I am only starting in the "RC World" and so far it sounds great,

It is great! Most people you'll meet will be happy to help and teach you, there's the oddball at just about every club who no-one really likes but seems to always be the first to talk to the new people, but once you get past him/her it's a fun hobby :)

Sounds Great only i dont know any1 in my area with a rc model,

and i never heard of any clubs with them in my area, but still will be good fun talkin to you guys about it

Advertisement