Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Type of extension roof

Options
  • 05-08-2005 7:16am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

have a look at the jpg I have attached - it's easier to expain with a diagram.

With an extension 3.2m out from the house and 8m wide -is there anything stopping me planning for roof type A -with the raised ceiling.

I would perfer this over the flat ceiling in roof B.
    An apex roof is not fesible as this lean-to will join onto another at the side of the house.

Plus - is a velux window P10 94*160 too big for this roof or is a smaler M08 78*140 enough.

thx for any replies. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭gregos

Nothing to prevent you having the ceiling following the roof line. Make sure you can accommodate enough insulation. Ventilation of the rafters is essential: you must ensure proper detailing to ensure it works, and the junction with the existing wall will be the critical location.

The size of rooflights is a matter for your personal preference.

Advertisement