Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

complete RC newbie [pretty much]

Options
  • 05-08-2005 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭

i had a tamiya manta ray about 12 years ago when i was 12. those days are long gone, but i've been thinking about getting back into RC cars.
    i would like to get an entry level electric buggy, build it yourself jobbie. 2 of my friends are thinking of the same and we might get 3 identical cars to race against each other.
    what models and manufacturers should i be looking at?

all advice appreciated.
    dave

ps. i was in a club back in the day that used to race in a community centre in dundrum and in marley park during summer, is this still going?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

i had a tamiya manta ray about 12 years ago when i was 12. those days are long gone, but i've been thinking about getting back into RC cars.
    i would like to get an entry level electric buggy, build it yourself jobbie. 2 of my friends are thinking of the same and we might get 3 identical cars to race against each other.
    what models and manufacturers should i be looking at?

all advice appreciated.
    dave

ps. i was in a club back in the day that used to race in a community centre in dundrum and in marley park during summer, is this still going?
    It is, in Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

what day / time / location / frequency?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I dont know if it is any use to you or not but I may be selling my Losi xxx Buggy along with some spares. ( Rolling chassis or rtr)
    whichever you like :D

how much and what is included?
    [controller / servos / ESC / motors / charger / etc...]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 matt350z

Im selling a Rc car if you or your mates have any intrest in that?

If you want to check it out its listed under "shop"-"For Sale"-"FS General"-"Rc Nitro Car for sale" (on this website)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭CHUCKLEZ

here is a link to matt350z Rc car for sale:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=283628

nope i'm after a electric buggy. cool car though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

how much and what is included?
    [controller / servos / ESC / motors / charger / etc...]

Depends on how much you want.
    I can supply
    Rolling chassis with spares. ( Wheels,tyres , Parts)
    or
    with
    esc ( choice of either reverse or not)
    motor ( choice of turns)
    radio gear. ( 27Mhz)

Batteries and charger are out at the moment unless any of my m8's are selling some as |i only have my Novak Millennium pro and 3300 race packs for my touring car.
    Might locate something though.

I also have an Associated RC10 T4 stadium rolling chassis
    Would come same as above
    Rolling chassis with parts or with all radio gear.
    The buggy is the green one at the front left and the T4 is the red one at the back
    let em know if you have any interest and I will sort prices with you.
    cheers ;)
    ourcollection0hs.jpg

just trying to get a handle on prices at at the moment, so if you could get back to e with some numbers that would be great. could be interested in the Associated RC10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

matt350z wrote:
    Im selling a Rc car if you or your mates have any intrest in that?

If you want to check it out its listed under "shop"-"For Sale"-"FS General"-"Rc Nitro Car for sale" (on this website)

You should check up on your own thread - there are a few interested but they want a guidline price before they started bidding. If you're new to selling online, the norm is to put the guidline price a little higher than you expect to sell it for (not too high though, or no-one will be interested).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 matt350z

I have given one but the main 1 that was intrested pulled out and the other doesnt no about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Hi David, another Tamiya would be a good bet, the moden day equivalent of the 'Ray (Great Buggy!) would be anything based on the DF-02 Chassis, which is Tamiya's entry level 4wd elec buggy. The DF01 was the Manta ray chassis I think. The Gravel hound is avaiable as a kit or RTR, there's a good selection Here

Hope that helps!

i have been looking at 1:18 off roaders, the ASSOCIATED RC18MT seems pretty cool and affordable.i reckon i'll be looking about for a while before i make a decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

Hi, what was the name of the club u were in???

tanks ,would you be able get me some info on joining and im only in 2nd year

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Mickb

tanks ,would you be able get me some info on joining and im only in 2nd year

What info do you need?

Best bet is to come out to the track some Sunday.

MiCk B. :-)

well do you have to pay for membership,does it have a site and what days it races.also does it only 1/10 or 1/8 or both scale and last what age do you have to be to join?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Mickb

well do you have to pay for membership,does it have a site and what days it races.also does it only 1/10 or 1/8 or both scale and last what age do you have to be to join?

Membership is €20 for under 18 & €30 for over 18.

Site: http://www.dublinmodelracing.com

Racing is on Sundays.

Race both 1/10 & 1/8.

Mickb wrote:
    Membership is €20 for under 18 & €30 for over 18.

Site: http://www.dublinmodelracing.com

Racing is on Sundays.

Race both 1/10 & 1/8.

Cheers thats a must for me:D

Advertisement