Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Wooden Shed - old one taken away??

Options
  • 05-08-2005 9:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi All,

We have just moved into a second hand house. There is a bog standard wooden shed in the back garden but is on it's last legs and needs to be replaced.

Do any of you know if any of the wooden shed places take away the old one if we buy a new one? Otherwise, how do we dispose of it??? Am stumped....

Thanks

Dools

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I knocked mine down (it was so knackered, it didn't take much effort!), chopped it into bits and hired a small skip! Nobody I contacted at the time was interested in taking the old one away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭dools

Thanks Alun,

We have already hired 2 large skips in the past 4 weeks for building work,clearing out,etc so did'nt want to go down that route again to be honest.

One place I called said they would take it away for €150. The guys in work here suggested leaving it for a couple of months and breaking it up and giving it to the local kids for the Hallow'een bonfire, so that might be an idea....

Dools

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

dools wrote:
    Thanks Alun,
    One place I called said they would take it away for €150.

I had a manky old shed and smashed it up and put in a skip. At €150, its not actually a bad deal becuase it took me quite some time to smash up the shed and carry through the house (mid terrace). The garden was in bits. If can get someone to do it for that price and you can afford it - IMHO its worth it!! It will save you a lot of hassel. The other alternative is to have your garden covered in bits of wood until the end of October and even at that - who knows if the kids will take the wood or not. The shed will contain a lot of long rusty nails - and what will you do if the kids injure themselves (Insurance etc). My BF stood on a nail when we were taking down mine - right through the foot! (yuck!).

Advertisement