Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helpp!!! (Cubin's Question)

Options
  • 05-08-2005 10:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

could anyone tell me what the age limit is in cubin's? (im hearing different things from different people)
    and isit easy to get into?

also who's this baldy chap?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ravenhead

could anyone tell me what the age limit is in cubin's? (im hearing different things from different people)
    and isit easy to get into?

also who's this baldy chap?

Don't know bout the baldu chap but cubins was always 18's & no it's not hard to get into at all, well compared to any place else in cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

I won't ask why you would even want to go there though?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 CLAIRE22222

ravenhead wrote:
    Don't know bout the baldu chap but cubins was always 18's & no it's not hard to get into at all, well compared to any place else in cork.

really?? i've heard its 19's, then 23's! u yep theres supposed to be some baldy bouncer who is not very nice! do they ask for i.d on everyone?

I won't ask why you would even want to go there though?!!

well by the reviews ive heard i dont know why i even wanna go there myself, but my friends band is playi there next friday night (zoo) so we said we'd go down as its one of the lads birthdays!

can ya get into it from the pub? or is there a seperate entrance? and wats the stage like(if there is one)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

How old are you?

solice wrote:
    How old are you?

20 why?

you can get in from the pub... if there's a band playing then there might be a different crowd in there, it might not be so bad... if you're 20, then you really shouldn't have a problem unless you look like you're too drunk or like you'll start a fight or something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

exactly, if u are 20 then why the HELP!!!! you should have no problem getting in

solice wrote:
    exactly, if u are 20 then why the HELP!!!! you should have no problem getting in
    i dont exactly look 20 to be honest! i must go look for my i.d aswel,! i'd say i'll get in but im unsure about my friend! shes only 17 or so, although she looks older then me!

• Advertisement

would they ask for i.d like?

I've no idea, I haven't been asked for ID in years, but if either of you look like you're around the 18 mark, they will ask you for ID...

oh ok! thanks everyone for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

wear a short skirt and a tight top and they'll let you in at 14

wear a short skirt and a tight top and they'll let you in at 14
    now now, be nice!! but, actually ya, you're probably right, come to think of it, I've never actually been in 'Cubins' - I think they called it Paco's or something when I was there, once... was it organised my UCC or something?...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Uncle Payko's was the student night I used to go to back in 1996-1998 era on a Tuesday night. It was 18 age limit, but they always asked for ID.

TBH I haven't been there since, so I don't know what their current policy is

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Anyone that's ever been to Spiders wouldn't go near Cubins if you paid them. Too many dodgy memories.

(Showing my age again.)

adam

ha ha.. spiders!! ha ha ha!! you're sooo old!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I don't even know what Spiders is :(

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

cubins is 21's or at least thats what the bouncers say to me every time i'm forced to try there!! And what the hell is uncle payko's, and who in their right mind would go to something called Spiders! even for something that was on in the 90's that sounds crap!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

Spiders? I remember being refused entry for not wearing a collar, which suited me. I 'd been dragged there from the pub at least once by my 'disco king' mates (kicking and screaming).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DawnMc

It's 20's

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

Don't bother going there The place is ready to burn down unless they re-wired in the last 2 years One of the friends did some work in there They had wiring from the 1960's

well isit 18s, 20s, 21's? wat?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

It's whatever the bouncer at the time says it is. If he thinks/knows you're 19 and doesn't want to leave you in, he'll say it's 21s.

Officially it's probably 18s.

alrite thats grand! thanks xoxox

• Registered Users Posts: 31,591 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ya. i'd agree with the general consensus of whatever the ebouncer thinks. if its gils you're with once they're over 18 will have no trouble. Guys might be a different story, depending on what sort of mood bouncers in. Though i haven't been there in 2 years.. wasn't great..

on another note; you use some serious amount of !!'s. Do you shout a lot?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Hey Rebel, look at your own sig. Irony eh? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,591 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

touché. though the sig was actually intended as a big attention seeking pro liverpool thing. I didn't necessarily mean the use of double !'s, just the monstrous use of !'s in general.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

My cousins co own Cubins and even if I get in for free and have free drinks all night I still wouldn't go there. Not my kind of people at all.

Ah you'll get in to Cubins no problem, just wear a short skirt and you're sorted.

Advertisement