Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modifying dvd players to play region 1?

Options
  • 05-08-2005 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭

Is there a way i can mod my player to play region 1 discs, i have heard its possible.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Depends on the machine ..Whats the make & model?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

You need to upgrade the firmware. Google for RPC1 firmware.

This is a general rule and may not work for your make/model

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Anton17

It's a 'Maxim!?', it's one of those really cheap, poor quality ones so i don't mind messing about with it.
    I'm gonna buy a new multi region one soon enough, but my brother just came back from the states witha load of dvds and im itching to watch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

OK, Maxim is the make. What is the model number?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

If you're talking about a standalone player for your TV, goto www.videohelp.com then goto DVD hacks on the left hand side. If its a drive for your pc goto www.videolan.org, download that player and it'll play any region disc, and any other video format for that matter.

Advertisement