Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Tale of 2 Sisters

• 05-08-2005 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭

saw it last night in the IFI.. story goes:

Two sisters who, after spending time in a mental institution, return to the home of their father and cruel stepmother. Once there, in addition to dealing with their stepmother's obsessive and unbalanced ways, an interfering ghost also affects their recovery.

now i haven't seen a good horror in quite some time, this was perfect.
    it had most of the horror movie clichés. but it still somehow came into it's own with crazy plot twists and some scenes that made the whole cinima jump.

i'd say watch it if your into that sort of thing

tale2sisters.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

Yeah, its pretty damn cool ok. man ... some powerful stuff in it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Have it on DVD and currently in the possesssion of Preaetorian. Very good horror film. Was a little bit disappointed with dark water which I bought along with this but this filled the gap nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Bought it in the HMV sale for a tidy sum of €10... worth every penny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

When do they finish showing this in IFI? Wouldnt mind going to see it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Amazing film altogether, and definetly one of the scariest I've ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I bought this on DVD a while back in the Play.com sale, and I still haven't gotten around to watching it. After all these good recommendations, I think that I'll pull it out asap

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

one of the few films in which i was actually scared, not just in suspense.
    a fantastic film, very well made. can be very confusing at times, but that just adds to the sense of unease that i had throughout the whole film

well worth a watch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

When I went to see this in the UGC a guy came in 20 minutes from the end and started asking all these questions about what was going on... sheesh.... it was hard enough to know what was going on even if you'd watched the whole thing up to that point....

Very good film though.... I loved the performance given by the step mother.

Advertisement