Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL BB in D1, if not, when?

• 05-08-2005 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone knows if NTL BB is available in D1 and if not when it might be available. Seems to be the best deal on the market at the mo and have just moved address and hope to get BB of some sort installed. Smarttelecom seems to be the next best so does anyone have it and what do they think of it? Thanks guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

JJDoherty wrote:
    Hi,

Was wondering if anyone knows if NTL BB is available in D1 and if not when it might be available. Seems to be the best deal on the market at the mo and have just moved address and hope to get BB of some sort installed. Smarttelecom seems to be the next best so does anyone have it and what do they think of it? Thanks guys.

Perhaps call NTL???

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭JJDoherty

paulm17781 wrote:
    Perhaps call NTL???
    Already did call NTL and got the standard "possibly, maybe soon-ish" response. Thought someone might have the inside track on this or maybe actually have NTL BB already installed in D2, D7 or D3, somewhere close by which might give an indication of when it might be available in D1. To be honest find it hard to believe that the city centre (and when I say city centre I mean smack bang in the middle!) is not enabled by NTL despite having probably the highest density housing anywhere in the city!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

which D1 area u talking abt?
    Got NTL BB almost a year now.
    IFSC, D1. :D

I'm just off Gratton Bridge, at the top of Capel Street. The IFSC is close but maybe not close enough! It's a newly renovated building so I'm hoping that the cable was upgraded then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

JJDoherty wrote:
    I'm just off Gratton Bridge, at the top of Capel Street. The IFSC is close but maybe not close enough! It's a newly renovated building so I'm hoping that the cable was upgraded then.

I'm south side Grattan bridge (white building, big windows) and I have had NTL BB for about 7 months.

• Advertisement

paulm17781 wrote:
    I'm south side Grattan bridge (white building, big windows) and I have had NTL BB for about 7 months.
    Well that is really close! Hope they managed to get across the bridge! Think another phone call may be in order! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

im in phibsboro and no sign of ntl or smart :-(

Well just got a response from NTL's customer service again and this is what they said:

"Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding ntl's Broadband Internet Service. As you may know, ntl provide Broadband in selected areas throughout Dublin. Unfortunately, your area is not yet capable of receiving this service at this time. Please continue to check availability via www.ntl.ie"

So no further forward, so close but yet so far, it is available all around me but not on my street. I have replied to try and find out if there is any point in holding out until my area is enabled, so I hope I get some sort of definitive answer but not holding my breath! This is so frustrating I must say. How can I be in the city centre and still have so few options!

Advertisement