Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

linux.. oh hell

Options
  • 03-04-1999 12:30am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭

tiny little problem really..

the thing is that linux crashed.. in style every few minutes..
    the mouse is dead.. the keyb is dead in X..

the only thing i can think of is a possible irq conflict with the sound card..
    i'm running rh5.2...
    ne of the ucd boys is welcome to come over and fix the problem.. (fowler that includes u 2)

MiCr0

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Omar

'cat /proc/interrupts' to see whats goin on irq wise.
    I dont see how three things could be confilcting tho. Also if theyre conflicting they will always be whether x is running or not, ie they should never work, even on the console.

Ðeclan $hanaghy
    3rd Computer Engineering
    University of Limerick
    9637184@student.ul.ie
    http://www.csn.ul.ie/~dek

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

Um dave I might pop down and have a look, ring me in work or mail me some details, I`ll be in work till 5...

Ro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Catch22

if you still havent bothered to reinstall since you got the new hardidsk do so.
    cya
    damd if u think your goin to get me out 2nite, im goin to pass out from exhaustion (among other things), any minute
    cya
    Niall

Advertisement