Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cheaper Car Insurance

Options
  • 05-08-2005 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hi,
    I'm looking around at car insurance quotes for Fully Comp and Third Party. As it stands, all I could afford is third party. The cheapest so far is a company called the Wright Group in Wexford, even undercutting Quinn Direct by a considerable sum, but I have never heard of this crowd. Can anyone advise, are they reputable?

Are there any other cheap car insurance operators out there???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Moved to Motors. The Forums board is for discussing the setting up of new forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Wrong forum!
    Check the motors forum - they've a big sticky on insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

www.brittoninsurance.ie

easily the cheapest and very reputable.....knocked 800 quid off mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

I am insured with them. But i have never dealt with them personally.

I am insured through the broker First Ireland in Phibsboro in Dublin.

I think they offer VFM really. I know they add in extras as well but i cant remember what, my renewal is up now next month so i should get the forms in the post this week.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

You don't mention whether or not you are a fully licenced driver.
    Also you say you are looking for comp and third party. Did you mena to say third party or third party, fire and theft. When it comes to claim time they are quite different!

Anyhow, get yourself a copy of the golden pages, a pot of coffee, ear plugs (for that awful on-hold crap music and a pen and paper. Ring every company and broker. Compare their quotes - what does each offer? what excess (the amount you pay before they do) do they have in place? Is windscreen cover available? etc. etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

By the way i forgot to mention with Wright Way get can get quotes from UK Insurers, thats why i think they are cheaper.

Remember "Rip of Ireland" Insurance is just another item to add to the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Quinn Direct have been the cheapest I've dealt with but I've heard good words tossed around about that wexford place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭boardsee

Whats the number for this wexford group then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

i got a quote on 680euro on my bmw, tpft. it should be nearer the 400/500euro mark, but for the accident with a bytch earlier in the year, she used up 3 yrs of my ncb, didnt even know till i got a letter from my insurance co. for renewal, they wanted 870euro. i was meant to pay for the accident, as it was a tiny dent, but she never rung me up, but i was naieve and should have got her number, anyways, gonna get onto britton now and prob end my 6yr reign with my northeren crowd.......

Advertisement