Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-Evening Echo Association

Options
  • 05-08-2005 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭

I wish to form the Anti-Evening Echo Association on the grounds that it gives a bad image of our city due to it's uneducated crap it throws out daily. If it wasn't for the Free-Ads or the deaths section who would actually buy it?

Come on be honest, would anyone here actually buy it then?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Don't buy it anyway. But it's a tabloid like, what do you expect? The educational system is at fault, not the Echo.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

dahamsta wrote:
    Don't buy it anyway. But it's a tabloid like, what do you expect? The educational system is at fault, not the Echo.

adam

It's not even a proper tabloid, where are the page 3 Cork stellas???

segaBOY wrote:
    Evidence that it's being run by somebody with a modicum of intelligence if anything.

Presumably you're talking about "proper" tabloids like the Star, i.e. the Scum without the brains.

adam

dahamsta wrote:
    Evidence that it's being run by somebody with a modicum of intelligence if anything.

Presumably you're talking about "proper" tabloids like the Star, i.e. the Scum without the brains.

adam

Hey, "The Star-For All That Matters", I just wouldn't accept "what matters" is actually factually correct

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

segaBOY wrote:

What! You've got be kidding.

Low-brow and all as D'Echo is, at least it hasn't sunk to the level of the Star etc. And it's pretty good for small ads and promoting local activities.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

You seem to be taking a massive interest in news papers. You want to buy an poblacht and destroy the evening echo. Whats going on man?
    If u dont like it, dont buy it!

solice wrote:
    You seem to be taking a massive interest in news papers. You want to buy an poblacht and destroy the evening echo. Whats going on man?
    If u dont like it, dont buy it!

Yeah I'm a retired veteran republican, now that the guns are gone it's time to turn to political means i.e. getting read of the imperialistic Evening Echo and promoting An Phoblacht! No it's just always bothered me how many people buy a crap "paper" including my parents, oh the shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

Tabloid refers to a paper's size, not its content. I prefer the term 'boulevard' meself for the mostly-red-tops-with-girls-with-no-tops.

But I 'spose it's like hackers in computing. The world thinks one thing, the industry thinks another.

zenith wrote:
    Tabloid refers to a paper's size, not its content. I prefer the term 'boulevard' meself for the mostly-red-tops-with-girls-with-no-tops.
    "Toilet Paper" is another common description.

zenith wrote:

But I 'spose it's like hackers in computing. The world thinks one thing, the industry thinks another.

I agree, but the echo is a tabloid size with general "tabloidy" content

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

T*ts, celebs, soccer and Deirdre's Photo Casebook in the Echo? I must get the Kerry edition: it's a bit duller than that.

The German Bild has hooters on the FRONT PAGE, but below the fold: it's a full size paper. How confusing would the "you're a tabloid" argument be then?

He said "hooters".

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

No doubt about it the echo is a rag, but its the local rag, its the only local paper that is not entirely made up of pictures of the winning school team of this or that unlike the douglas weekly or the carrigdhoun(sp?). I buy it and simply put up with the crap in exchange for the local news, free ads and gaa results.

Dimitri wrote:
    its the only local paper that is not entirely made up of pictures of the winning school team

Are you sure about that? When they first reported no the London bombings they spent half the article talking about the "3/11" bombings in Madrid, terrible

segaBOY wrote:
    Yeah I'm a retired veteran republican, now that the guns are gone it's time to turn to political means i.e. getting read of the imperialistic Evening Echo and promoting An Phoblacht! No it's just always bothered me how many people buy a crap "paper" including my parents, oh the shame!

Best post i have read in ages

solice wrote:
    Best post i have read in ages

Really?

segaBOY wrote:
    Really?

i dont get out much

solice wrote:
    i dont get out much

The Echo has loads of pictures of formal dances etc. so you can pretend you were there

living vicariously through the evening echo,

Advertisement