Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBQ and Gazebo

Options
  • 05-08-2005 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

I am looking to get a small marquee/gazebo type thing... nothing too expensive. something like this

a11wzd.jpg

anyone know where I can get one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Woodies DIY have them as do B and Q

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭tirl

Argos, dunnes had them too at beginning of summer, may still have them

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭foxirl

Sale on in Tesco at the moment so you can pick one of these up for 20 Euro

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

aldi every nowand again €60 for retractable one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 e.hartery

i got one in roches 2 years ago.

see if u can get one with hollow steel poles. the little pegs they give u in these kits would not hold down a blade of grass. i cut thread bar 300mm long to fit inside the poles. then hamered these into the grass 200mm down, leab=ving approx 100mm above surface. Put the poles over them and u have have a solid base so when u get a gust of wind your neighbour does not have a free, already erected gazebo. mine stood some of the worst weather last year. i was quite proud of myself. a little preparation with this will go a long way.
    ps when it got too windy, i just took off the tarpaulin.

my poles measured 30mm inside dia. anything less than a 20mm id is crazy.
    hope that helps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement