Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Linksys Router with eircom

• 05-08-2005 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

I bought a Linksys wireless router with eircom, and got it set up with one computer connected to one of the 4 ethernet ports and another 2 machines over wireless. The router is connected to the Netopia combi DSL modem with one USB and 1 Ethernet port.

The weird thing is that when I enabled WEP, the network went dead. I couldn't even ping the router through the machine connected via ethernet cable.

I thought that WEP should have no effect on the ethernet cable connection, only on the wirless connections. The only oddity I identified is that XP expects 104 bit keys but the router generates 128 bit keys. Googling this, I see that microsoft advocated disabling the "Let windows configure your wireless connection" box in the network connection properties. Can anybody help shed any light on my problem? I had to do a full factory reset on the router to get comms with it again, and input all the data again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

bumpity bump

If nobody knows the answer to my question, maybe ye can give me some more general info. Are people on this board running encryption? If so what type? WEP/WPA/radius/other? Even a good link on the subject would be welcome. Don't want the neighbours accessing those compromising photos of me....

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

I got it working.

Advertisement