Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match RAM

• 05-08-2005 1:34pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a dell inspirion 9300 with one 512mb stick in it.

I know where to find the ram (www.pcmu.co.uk) but I'm not sure on matching it ie do I've to buy another 512mb dim or could I buy the 1GB dim and have 1.5gb ram?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

refer to Dell manuals re: max amount of RAM.. this is the limit..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

O only glanced tru it and all I could find was max ram is 2GB and how to install new ram.

I could have missed it but nothing in there about ram configurations!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭daywalker

Yes you can install a 1gb to give 1.5gb ram, imho matching ram configurations on laptops generally only gives a very small performance increase, if any.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

I recently brought a DELL GX280 up to Gig an a half, wasnt sure if it would work and the manual was fairly elusive but it came online without any probs!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I dont need 1,5GB but it be nice to have. Was just searching and I couldnt find anything that says you defo can or cant do it.

Might be an nice upgrade for the future

• Advertisement
Advertisement