Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Globe / Ri Ra

• 05-08-2005 1:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭

Has anyone been here??

Is it any use??

If in the globe can you get into Ri Ra for free

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I've been there many times. The niteclub is a bit crap. Full of "cool" people (i.e. insecure idiots.)

The Globe is fairly chilled. Again, very "cool". Very gay as well.

I would not recommend either. Unless you want to be in the beastie boys (then you'll love the place.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭drunkenfool

Only ever been to rira on a monday night, its pretty good on a monday. 80s type music, good buzz.
    The globe is a good spot for a few pints, wouldnt spend the night there, and im not sure if you get in for free to rira, actually im pretty sure you dont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭drunkenfool

dublindude wrote:
    I've been there many times. The niteclub is a bit crap. Full of "cool" people (i.e. insecure idiots.)

The Globe is fairly chilled. Again, very "cool". Very gay as well.

I would not recommend either. Unless you want to be in the beastie boys (then you'll love the place.)

Your probably right there dublindube, but there arnt many places left in dublin that arent trying to be "cool". If you dont like it, then why have you been so many times?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

great bar and deadly club. monday nights are indeed the best.

are we so cinical now that its not even okay to be cool!?

insecure idiots aren't usually the people who can go to a club and have a laugh with friends.....they are the pain-in-the-arsers who are too busy shooting everything down to relax and have a good time :rolleyes:

in short, head along on a monday night Trampas, you wont be disappointed :D

*best dress in slacks, shoes and a ben sherman though in case you offend someone with your coolness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I've been to RiRa once and wont be returning any time soon.
    The place is far too small and ive never came across such an weird crowd, in fact, i saw someone 60+ and there were a hell of a lot of people with dreadlocks too.
    The talent can only be called pathetic.
    The smoking area(a tiny alley where they also hold the bins) is a disgrace.
    The dance floor is tiny, the djs absolutely ****ing brutal( whats with the 5 minute looped intros to EVERYTHING?) and overall, the place is a smelly dive.
    Would not recommend it to anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

rb_ie wrote:
    i saw someone 60+ and there were a hell of a lot of people with dreadlocks too.

:)

*rb_ie moved to club 92.

Advertisement