Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise on the line...

• 05-08-2005 2:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭

My Smart broadband connection went live last week and the service is working well so far.

However, whenever I use the phone I can hear a lot of interference (sounds like data transmission). I thought the microfilter on the phone line was meant to stop this. Anything I can do? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭GarfieldConnoll

Morgan wrote:
    My Smart broadband connection went live last week and the service is working well so far.

However, whenever I use the phone I can hear a lot of interference (sounds like data transmission). I thought the microfilter on the phone line was meant to stop this. Anything I can do? :confused:
    Morgan,

Are there other extensions in the house? Do you have the microfilter installed on these other lines?

PM me your details and I'll have it looked into here.

Garfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

I'm having the exact same problem aswell, and modem link keeps dropping. I think it could be a line fault coming into my house, because the problem gets no better if I plug the modem directly into the box where the phoneline enters the house...

Advertisement