Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor Problem - Can't recieve Vodafone

• 05-08-2005 2:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

I changed over to Meteor Sunday, Old number ported onto new Meteor SIM, and since then. I cant receive Vodafone calls or sms. I have no problems ringing anyone and anyone can ring me from O2 and landlines. Dunno about meteor, i will find out later.

I've contacted them everyday and they said that they were looking into it. Got an email today saying that "I can confirm that I have spoken with my relevant colleagues who have advised me that your account is active for making and receiving incoming and outgoing calls and sms."

Has anyone had this problem when they changed over? I'm on the verge of going back to O2 because of this but I don't want to because they are a rip off. What would you do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

Go to the Meteor Store on Henry street ... they have a few repair experts in the back of the sore who fix a lot of issues on the spot.

Otherwise try posting to O2 and then back to Meteor again (do a new port) ... maybe that will fix the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I've rang meteor several times yesterday and they believe that the problem is with Vodafone. They reckon that they havent updated their system with my number which is why any time a Vodafone customer rings me they get a "Number not in use" message.

BTW, Meteor customers have no problems ringing me either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Austin A35

Hey there im with o2 billpay and i am having similiar problems with recieving and sending txt messages to vodafone sometimes it can take up to 2 hours for them to get sent or recieved i am living in co.tipperary and was wondering is this a problem just hete or all over and how can it be resolved?/ :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Austin A35 wrote:
    Hey there im with o2 billpay and i am having similiar problems with recieving and sending txt messages to vodafone sometimes it can take up to 2 hours for them to get sent or recieved i am living in co.tipperary and was wondering is this a problem just hete or all over and how can it be resolved?/ :cool:
    go to limerick city and go to the o2 store in cruises st they seem to know there stuff, if not theres like 2 vodafone stores within a 100mitres of eachother or you could go to arthers quay theres a 3g store and a carphone warehouse there

lol theres like 6 mobile shops within 3 minutes walk around cruises st

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

never had this problem, but
    (sung to the tune of Blame Canada)
    #Blame Vodafone...

• Advertisement
Advertisement