Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jalapeno

Options
  • 05-04-1999 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

i woz readin an article in pc-direct about a processor from cyrix called the jalapeno due to b released in 2000 some time. it said they would have 4 times the fpu performance of a pII. has anyone else heard anything about them

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Hmm.. can't say I've heard anything but rumors about that. And you sure that's the correct spelling? smile.gif

First of all it is only rumor, as far as I know Cyrix hasn't released any specific Technical Specs on it yet because I don't even think they know how they'll get '4 times the performance of a CPU.'

Kegs.
    (Hmm.....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

[cough] borrow [/cough] the technology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

useless comparing future technology with current technology.

"my computer has 10 times the performance of a 33mhz 486!! wow!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

well he was quoting fpu a sec which u can compare to past technology.
    comparing a 486 33 to a P2 is stupid due to enhancements like additional pipelining (orginally introduced on the 486) motherboard speeds ram speeds video speeds etc. etc. a more accurate comparison however would be around the 50-80 times faster mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Sorry read it wrong, it's becoming a habit of mine.

Kegs.
    (Hah.)

• Advertisement
Advertisement