Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband, Drogheda

• 05-08-2005 4:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭

Thanks for looking! I recently moved to Drogheda, and trying to understand which is the best course of action to get broadband at the moment.

Considering the location, my choices are

1) to continue with Eircom, and take Eircom broadband
    2) to continue with Eircom, and take BT broadband
    3) to move to BT – both call and broadband
    4) digiweb (I think) – local wireless service provider
    5) Ima!ne? Smart? IrishBroadband? – IBB claims to service some areas of Drogheda, but not my estate on Dublin Road; Smart has no plans yet to expand out to Drogheda.

From many other threads, I get the feeling that BT (for both call, and broadband) is the best option at the moment, any comments?

Also my setup would need static ip, and altogether four PCs (a desktop and three laptops) sharing this connection wirelessly. Should I get the kit from BT or something from eBay, which will workout cheaper?

Thanks for reading! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

I'm with BT for Broadband only and am quite happy with the basic package.

And the only one I would consider switching to is Smart but they won't be ready to rollout in Drogheda until next year going on their progress elsewhere.

I certainly wouldn't choose Eircom because their deal doesn't compare to very well with BT. :mad:

Advertisement