Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking forward to returning to college?

• 05-08-2005 5:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭

and is there anything you miss about tcd during the holidays?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭punka

yes!
    miss: the people, the high-speed internet, library crushes, and being able to hang around and do nothing without being made feel guilty for it. mind you, there probably won't be much doing nothing in 4th year.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ilac

Library crushes? When you get crushed by falling books when shelves collapse?

I reckon 4th year will be like one very long Trinity Term. You have some fun alright, but you feel guilty when you do...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I haven't left it. In fact I'm spending more time in there during the summer then I was during the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Sadly nothing :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I'm in now more than I was during term time..music room, computer room, college park..

• Advertisement

Ilac wrote:
    Library crushes? When you get crushed by falling books when shelves collapse?

Library crush! You know, that special someone, whom you've never spoken to but you always see in the library.... like library pals except you want to jump them..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

punka wrote:
    like library pals except you want to jump them..
    Never a good idea to do in the library, so i found out to my detriment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

I looking forward to hopefully starting college so i guess that counts!

what are you hoping to do?

Biblical And Theologial Studies ina TSM with Greek hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Biblical and Theological studies eh?

Sir, meet Bram.

Bram? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

I'm looking forward to leaving College not returning (I've not been out of the place since 2001)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I miss having something to do all day - though i am really quite looking forward to the broad curriculum course i put in for - want to do something outside of CS for a bit.

What BC course did you go for?

I do miss that JCR at the moment. I was on my lunch break the other day and I thought Dead Pig! Then the realisation hit me and I was sad for all of three seconds.

Film: history context and detail. basically, its something thats not computer science, which makes me exceedingly happy, cus i havent really had a chance to get outside of CS at all this year, except for thanks to a few friends in other faculties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭foxybrowne

I miss the free drink sessions.

actually, i really miss agm season - so much free alcohol :)

Could we define A.G.M. season as about April to June?

Yeah pretty much :)

• Advertisement

Great, next year we should have an opening bash for the A.G.M. season, you know, to declare it open and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I'm scarily looking forward to rediscovering that thing called a 'routine'. Also, i miss the random evenings/nights out that happen when everyone's in town anyway for college, at the moment people are scattered across the greater Dublin area/country/globe.

Bram? :confused:

join the Theo in Fresher's Week and all will be revealed.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭TheIceMaker

I really miss the days you go to the pav instead of lectures, then go to doyles...random nights r the best

punka wrote:
    join the Theo in Fresher's Week and all will be revealed.......

Hmmmm i'm intrigued now :D

Will spend at least half of the year in LG12 however :)

Hehehe, only time i was in the bram all year was the Theo opening party - with Marie Claire and Cormac and Tom having bought way too many bottles of imitation buckfast :D

grrr your teasing me now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

I'm dreading starting at Trinity. Going from CIT and NUI Maynooth to Trinners? Help! :(

I'll probably just spend all my time in the pub instead :D

You'll be grand, if you've been to college before, you've already gone through the awkward first second when you don't know anyone! Just get talking to anyone and everyone you can during freshers' week - the more effort you make, the more people you'll get to know :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Myth wrote:
    You'll be grand, if you've been to college before, you've already gone through the awkward first second when you don't know anyone! Just get talking to anyone and everyone you can during freshers' week - the more effort you make, the more people you'll get to know :)

Yeah you're right....sometimes I'm dreading it and sometimes I think it'll be good craic. It's just the whole thing that goes with Trinity that is putting me off but I'm sure I'll love it. It'll be my last year of student life so I'm going to make the most of it :D

Advertisement