Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What the hell happened on the M50 this morning ? (August 5th)

Options
  • 05-08-2005 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

There was an "accident".
    (southbound between Navan Road and toll plaza)

how the **** did someone manage to cause an "accident" on that stretch of road ? it's only two ****ing lanes of traffic and although its a 120km per hour speed limit it's not possible to get anywhere near that speed on that section of the M50

Does anyone know what exactly happened ? Whatever about my day, at least I had the option of going home and working online, I can't imagine what it did to people who had no choice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

I presume it was probably bumper to bumper traffic and some driver wasn't paying attn and rear ended the guy in front

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

it was a pain in the arse, thats 3 accidents in morning time this week out of 4 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

Probably the usual morons. Run into the back of someone, cause less than a grand's worth of damage between both vehicles, leave the cars sitting on the motorway while waiting for cops, and stand in the shoulder with mobile phones glued to their ears. I wonder if anyone has ever been done for causing an obstruction when the cops arrive.

Saw two idiots block up the N81 / M50 roundabout a few weeks back with this sort of nonsense. They both stood on the grass verge inside the roundabout (on the phones) while their cars blocked the intersection and traffic backed up to Tallaght. They should be hung from the nearest lamp post by their balls ... or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

DubTony wrote:
    Probably the usual morons. Run into the back of someone, cause less than a grand's worth of damage between both vehicles, leave the cars sitting on the motorway while waiting for cops, and stand in the shoulder with mobile phones glued to their ears. I wonder if anyone has ever been done for causing an obstruction when the cops arrive.
    Actually, I was one of those "morons" on Friday. I was diving along and someone ploughed into the back of me. My car was f**ked and the boot backed into the back wheels - short of a crane nothing would move it.

I wasn't on the M50 though. The cops that came to our crash said the one on the M50 included 3 cars - not 2.

In general - I think it is people messing around with radios and mobile phones etc. I can't devulge much about mine - least to say speeding was involved and not due care. The person was lucky becuase the area area it happened it is used by people running and kids playing - and there is a speed limit. I was at the speed limit - so God knows what speed this person was going at and what the hell they were doing.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 371 ✭✭Traffic

The accident on the M50 involved 3 vehicles. A car, a dhl/ups van and a rigid. The car ended up on its side off the motorway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh car was in a fair mess when i was going by it and the rear of the van was in bits there was oil or petrol all over one lane for a fair stretch.

looked pretty bad

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

So .. back to DubTony's - still think it was morons blocking the M50 on Friday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭boardsee

Well sure it was caused by morans :)

Advertisement