Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results Day / Night

Options
  • 05-08-2005 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

what will everyone be doing before you get the results and after you get the results.

i will be gettin up at about 8 and having a few cans to settle the nerves and then head down for my results about 10.

then that night even if i do ****e, i'm going into town and i'm gonna get drunk and go mad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

I'll be lying on a beach in Salou all morning...then will club the night away!!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭*marie*

The night before, me and all my friends are going to stay in one of our houses and have a few drinks, watch dvds and stuff. Sober up in time to go up to the school, go home and get changed, then hit the town!! I'm going to celebrate no matter how bad/good I get on.
    Btw, does anyone know what time we can go pick up the results? Is it 9 o'clock like?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

I've heard nine o'clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Getting very drunk, both before and after. Before to calm the nerves, after to celebrate/drown my sorrows. And I've heard 9.00 for getting the results from school, but I'm guessing it varies from place to place - the only thing I know is that getting them from school gets them a few hours earlier than going online.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

wud anyone ever think of not opening ur points and waiting for ur college offers?

i know of one guy who did that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

il be like Innervision...
    lying in a beach in Gran Canaria all morning..then head out to pub then club!

dont see point of not opening your results and waiting for college offers..what if none come then atleast you cuda prepared yourself as ud hav a fair idea what u got or not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

Yeah, this wait alone is hard enough, why prolong it?! I'd imagine that'd be nearly impossible, knowing you can check them at any minute...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Errant11235

What date are the college offers sent out????

I plan on leaving my envelope closed for about 15 seconds, long enough to get out of the principal's office (damn if I'm opening them with that vindictive bitch watching and waiting to mock me for not doing well enough), but anything longer than that...no, not a chance in hell. I can't imagine hanging on to it for a week and not looking at the results, I think I'd go nuts. Plus it seems kinda pointless - once you have the results, why not look at them? If you're borderline, then don't get excited about a college course until the first round offers, but at least look at the damn score...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

hmmm, I think I could wait. I would be best pleased never to hear the word "Leaving Cert" again, to get my course ( :) ) and never to know the actual results. Actually, that would be pretty perfect......but hey...

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Beno

60 man party on the beach the night before then drive up in the morning with all my mates packed into the car with the long tedius 25min drive to school to open the letter that will seal my fate

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I'm so disorganised, I don't even know what time I'm meant to be going into school to get my results.... I hope my friends know. I might be in Kerry anyway so may have to get my results off the Internet.
    I don't know what I'll do in the evening cos I don't know yet which county I'll be in, but either way I am going to get hammered

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭*Roisin*

I'm getting my results through the post, which doesn't come til at least half 1, so I'll just check mine on the internet.

Depending on the results I'll either stay home and cry, or head in Galway city for one of the best nights out in ages! Probably won't come home for days, until my mam puts out some kind of police bulletian to track me down because I haven't given her my results yet! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

I will probably get no sleep the night before. When I get them and be delighted with what I got I`ll stay in town with my mates and grab a few cans. Later on I`ll head into Smyths on the square where hopefully everyone from the 4 schools in navan will be and then I will buy some buckfast to drink while we take a long taxi drive to Bucks.

It was a great nihgt last year when my mates got theirs so I assume this will be even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Beno wrote:
    60 man party on the beach
    What a sausage fest!!

Anyhew, I will be at the school for 9. Grab my results and then come home get ready. Meet the missus and head out for a night on the town although I would prefer a house party to Cork City on results night. It will be impossible to get in anywhere. Bushing would also be a great alternative!

What a sausage fest!!

Give me a break, just because i said "60 man" doesn't mean that there will 60 men on the beach. It can be used to emply both men and woman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Beno wrote:
    Give me a break, just because i said "60 man" doesn't mean that there will 60 men on the beach. It can be used to emply both men and woman

It was a joke mate. Calm down.

sorry if i seemed to agressive
    twas a long day and there is an even longer night to come

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I was only joking mate :)
    Sorry for the stress hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭scorpy

aren't we supposed to have gotten some kind of PIN number for getting results online? I don't think I got one of those...
    anyway, going down to the school on results day is going to be horrible. but the relief afterwards, no matter how I did, will be SO good! ^_^

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

scorpy wrote:
    aren't we supposed to have gotten some kind of PIN number for getting results online? I don't think I got one of those...
    Yeah, mine was posted to me by my school, I'm not sure how other schools are doing it though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

anyone going to bondi for results night? i got a ticket yesterday....it should be wild!...im not a d4 head btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

anyone going to bondi for results night? i got a ticket yesterday....it should be wild!...im not a d4 head btw

I doubt I'll end up in Bondi, I don't like it much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Got ticket for Time today ... should be full of drunken shenanigans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

shay_562 wrote:
    I plan on leaving my envelope closed for about 15 seconds, long enough to get out of the principal's office (damn if I'm opening them with that vindictive bitch watching and waiting to mock me for not doing well enough), but anything longer than that...no, not a chance in hell.

Hate to break it to you but she'll know the results before you do. My principal knew everybodys before we did last year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

*Angel* wrote:

ah come on...ill buy you a drink ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

I'm not going to open mine !!!!.................. EVER!!!

i've made a decision that i'm not going to open mine as i have a job as a panel beater and my results dosen't depend on them,

so no scandal, no tears or fears about it!!!!

cooperguy wrote:
    Hate to break it to you but she'll know the results before you do. My principal knew everybodys before we did last year

Yeah, I know, but her knowing is one thing. Her standing over me while I see them myself and making bitchy comments about them is another - I don't plan on giving her the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

*Angel* wrote:

nobody likes bondi, and yet everyone still goes.

kip imo. wouldn't go if you payed me.

Where else has things on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

yes, the principal knows them before you do!!.. whatever you do, dont go to COYOTE, i made the mistake last year and went, i queued for over a half hour to get in and when i did i could hardly move! and it wasnt even that good! so beware

Advertisement