Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Polo Comfortline - Car Kit?

Options
  • 05-08-2005 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I do not know anything about cars. I've just purchased a 2004 Silver Polo Comfort Line (1.2) and need to install a car kit (for a phone!).

In the manual, it says that there is a mic and speakers in the car already...... so what do I need to buy?

I will get a VW dealer to install the kit once I know what exactly I need to buy - something that's compatible with the Polo's built-in mic+speakers.

BTW: If I want to install a CD changer - where does it normally go? Boot?.

I have looked at www.vw.com, but can't even find the Polo!!! :mad:

//Joe Leavy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

hi, i install car kits as a side earner, and i'm quite surprised that the polo has a built in mic for hands free, I've fitted to 04 passats and golfs, and also Auidi A3 and A4, and haven't come across it yet.
    Depending on what phone it's for, the kits come with a mic and speaker anyway( most commonly Nokia Kits are the ones I install), so it will not affect the cost.
    ( example, new Nokia 7W car kit €199, installation €50 - €70)
    If the garage look for much more than this, they are ripping you off. Professional fitting does not require a VW mechanic as they get people from outside anyway.
    hope this helps.

(p.s I'll fit it if ya like!!)

Advertisement