Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yahoo's Top 100 games of all time

Options
  • 05-08-2005 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭

Have a look at linky . Not sure that I agree with all of the choices but interesting nonetheless...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Agree with the top ten just not in that order.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

KdjaC wrote:
    Agree with the top ten just not in that order.

kdjac

I would disagree with FFVII being in the forties rather than top ten!! In hindsight I'm not sure they are in any particular order as 91-100 seems to have grouped the classic retro games together.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Super Mario World at number 13 or so? Me arse. And Deus Ex in the 21-30 bracket? Half Life a bit down the list again...

Not sure if I saw Streets of Rage either.

Although Goldeneye is put in the right category at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

Def wouldn't have Tetris as number 1..Great game, top 10. But in that list of 1-10 I'd put it maybe 5-6. Maybe Mario 64 or SM World as 1..Mario Kart 2 and Goldeneye 3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

The fudge none of the civilization games are even on that list and ff7 is out side the top 10 pff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Mario was a legend but no.2... methinks not

A few games in there that id disagree with but at least Resident Evil 1 is in there, beautiful game

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Monkey Island 2: LeChuck’s Revenge in the top 10... I like...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

Nice to see micromachines up there but the absence of at least one of the civ's is strange, streets of rage also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I like Silent Hill. But then again, who am i?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

no day of the tentacle whats up with that???
    crazy yahoo
    i really dont agree with a lot of those decisions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

*sighs at lack of Metroid Prime*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

This thread will last a while and i doubt 2 people would agreee to say the top isnt bad, i just glad i have played them all and see the good points to each one.

/1st top 10 of ever i actually seen or heard or played :eek:
    kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

pokemon in the top 10!!!!one

crazy !

where is pong?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

pong is near the end

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It is a decent enough list. I have some problems but they are just nit-picking really since there will never be a top 100 i will agree with except my own. The main problem with the list is that popular but great games are listed while real rarity gems are neglected. i prefer the IGN top 100.

Why is super metroid placed so low?
    Gradius 3 was good but Salamander and Gradius V were much better games.
    Mortal kombat 2? It really hasn't aged well and wasn't all that great when it was released. It is a joke compared to other fighting games out at the time such as samurai showdown 2? (I take it back after looking further down the list but)
    Quake 2? It wasn't great when it was released. Now only the Edge in deathmatch is worth playing. Quake 1 would be a better choice.
    Castlevania is mentioned but it was IV that was mentioned instead of the highlight of the series Symphony of the Night or Rondo of Blood.
    I was happy with the shoot'em ups getting a decent mention. However the lack of Dodonpachi and even more so Radiant Silvergun is a crime.
    No Suikoden 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

No streets of rage :eek: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

holy **** ten of the top 20 were nintendo games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It should have been 11 with Super Metroid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

There realy should be 2 lists of top X games of all time. There should be a Top X most historically significant and top X most fun to play games. Most top X games are really a strage amalgamation of the 2. Some games aren't too great to play in comparison to other games, but made a huge impact on gaming. Some are just fun to play but haven't made an impact yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Lack of Civilization is the biggest crime. Totally outrageous.

I reckon this is one of the worst top X lists i've ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

no Wonderboy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Mossy Monk wrote:
    no Wonderboy :(
    Or Boogerman for that matter...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Can somebody please tell me how on earth the steaming pile of **** that turned out to be Gran Tourismo 4 is even in the top 100, and in teh upper half of it at that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

iregk wrote:
    Can somebody please tell me how on earth the steaming pile of **** that turned out to be Gran Tourismo 4 is even in the top 100, and in teh upper half of it at that!

Because we weren't consulted on that so called "list" thats why. There's quite a few erroneous positionings there if I was asked, which I note I wasn't.

Although I reckon every list conceivablewould have a few complainers or calling it the worst list ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Yeah suppose, there are quite a few that i agree with and others that i wouldn't. most of the top 10 id agree only not in that order.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Quite happy that Elite and Speedball II are in there.

Though I love Streets of Rage I can honestly see why it wouldn't make a list such as this.

Agree with Retr0. The IGN list is probably a better reflection of good taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,901 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Mario Kart deserved to be higher than 7... absolutely phenomenal game!!

Super Mario 64 at 2?! Not sure about that. The game was good but had some serious faults. The irritating camera shifting movements, for one!

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Rubbish.

lol@ Half-Life #39 and no civ. Nintendo fan-boy list. No Thief either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭[Core]

WoW should be higher than Ultima Online and Everquest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

monument wrote:
    Monkey Island 2: LeChuck’s Revenge in the top 10... I like...
    vastly inferior to MI1 tho..the ending of mi2 sucked, and the puzzles were ridiculously obscure

Advertisement