Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SSP And 450 Splash Banned By Vince McMahon

• 05-08-2005 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

As reported earlier this week in the PWInsider.com Elite section, World Wrestling Entertainment officials have made an effort to tone down several high flying moves, putting the word out that there is an unofficial ban of sorts on both the 450 splash and the shooting star press. The edict, said to have come down from Vince McMahon, is due to several recent injuries from the moves (Billy Kidman giving Chavo Guerrero a concussion with a shooting star, Juventud Guerrera nailing Paul London with a knee to the face with a 450 and causing a major scare, most notably). The edict actually went out about two weeks back to the Cruiserweights. When Paul London used a shooting star against Nunzio on a recent edition of Velocity, he was told not to do it again by WWE officials and to come up with a new finisher. London was said to have been noticeably upset about being told to tone down his style. It will be interesting to see how far the ban goes in what other top rope maneuvers are toned down and whether it will be similar to the tombstone/piledriver, where WWE will only allow Kane and The Undertaker to use the moves on big shows for dramatic effect.

This was also reported on several other wrestling news sites.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

This is **** of the highest order. Theres no way in hell Ill be resubcribing to sky sports now (I unsubscribed when I stoped working part time in order to do the leaving cert). I though vince had gotten lenient on this kind of thing with the ECW PPV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

This sucks!! They want London to stop doing his two finishers, Just cause Juvi did it and messed up!!!!! Did Vince not see the perfectly executed London Calling (SSP) London did to Nunzio on the Live Heat before GAB!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Aupster

no high flying dats why i watch dis sh*t its T.N.A. for me now i'm boycotting WWE as from now Tank u verry much Vince Ya FCUK dats so Sh*ty :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

a question for you. was your keyboard damaged or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I can understand why he would ban them. Along with piledrivers and high risk neck impact moves he doesnt want to damage his talent. Especially when it comes to going on oversea tours and such. I mean how many times did Kidman injure himself off the shooting star? Countless. Now imagine the cruiser champ hyped for several appearances on overseas, fans snapping up tickets then London injures himself on a house show the week before and is out for not only the tours but for future ppvs. It screws up storylines and the writers are **** enough as it is.

I think it should be the wrestlers choice whether or not to risk such moves. By banning these moves fans will look to the likes of the X division to find fast paced extreme style.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 hass

One of the things that Smackdown has that Raw dosen't is the cruiser weight division. You always hear them going on about that it's the only place to see them. When you think of the cruiser weight division you think of high flying and risk taking. Vince is killing the division so much that it's only on velocity that you get to see them and with this ban i can see the division coming just like U.S. title but for smaller guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Doubtful Donkey

Good. It's about time. London should be outright fired anyway.

Besides, anyone complaining about the lack of "high-flyers" in the cruiserweight division - Franky Kazarian is right there as proof that you don't need to do all the top rope crap to be an awesome worker

Why? he is one of the best Cruiserweights the WWE have right now!!

Have to agree. London puts on some incredible matches whether it be Velocity or a PPV, he always delivers a good performance. Kazarian is a great worker also and is a high flyer, you just havnt seen much of him yet. either that or he saw the ban coming and hasnt put the moves on display only to change his style a week later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I'm a big EC-DUB! fan. But I know that London is light enough and "Well Able" to do the 450 Splash & SSP. It's like RebelRockChick said," They want London to stop doing his two finisher.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

are you serious?
    one of the highlights on Smackdown! imo

Why? he is one of the best Cruiserweights the WWE have right now!!

He's not really. If the WWE wanted real cruiserweights - they should be looking at guys like Austin Aries

Wit - he does a 450

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

It is a pity, but I see where Vince is coming from. Those moves can look cool, but if done incorrectly they are both dangerous and not particularly cool looking. I think Billy Kidman's Shooting Star Press looked awful; he could get no distance on it at all, so he would nearly always pull his opponent to the corner first. London did it far better. This is what a good Shooting Star looks like, in my opinion:

http://www.wrestlingencyclopedia.com/Moves/SSPLondon.wmv

It is a great shame that London won't be doing it any more, but there are plenty more good top rope moves out there. As Mick Foley says, it is the impact that counts and not the twists and stuff that one does in the air before hand. For that reason, my favourite top rope moves are the likes of Rob Van Dams Frog Splash, Benoits Diving Head Butt and Juventuds leg drop.

Impact makes the move look much better, I agree. But there's no denying that the SSP and such look really cool when pulled off correctly. I always liked D'Lo's frog splash back in the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Brow wrote:
    Impact makes the move look much better, I agree. But there's no denying that the SSP and such look really cool when pulled off correctly. I always liked D'Lo's frog splash back in the day.
    I always had a problem with the idea of cruiserweights using splashes and the like as finishers. Due to the smaller size of these wrestlers, such moves don't look like they would really hurt all that much. I suppose this is only really a problem when they are wrestling guys outside of their weight division though. I think for this reason, finishers like Tornado DDTs (as used by the great cruiser-weight Jerry Lynn), neck-breaker variations (e.g. the Dudley Dogg /Acid Drop), or Hurricanrana variations (like the West Coast Pop) suit cruiser-weights better if they are planning on wrestling guys outside of their weight division, which is a pre-requisite for having any real success in the WWE.

If your not just saying that to rise people then your just plain stupid

It still sucks that London has to drop the moves. The only other finisher he had on the indies was called the Waffle Face which is just a hard impact ddt. It'd be weak if he had to depend on that.

If your not just saying that to rise people then your just plain stupid

Read the thing. He had a tantrum when he was told he couldnt use the move. In my book - that's enough to fire him right now. This "ban" is being brought in to protect, amongst others, his worthless ass. (Although I think it's being enforced now because Shelton Benjamin can't seem to get his flippy floppy ****e on target anymore, and they're more morried about him than London)

London downright sucks. His ringwork is godawful, compared to more put together cruiserweights like Rey Mysterio, and his selling is even worse. His pseudo-Ultimate Warrior crap is pathetic - he has no character whatsoever. Did you see Velocity? The crowd went nuts for friggin' Nunzio winning the meaningless cruiserweight title - and when London came back out to do his little promo - you could hear crickets chirping - the crowd doesn't care. Half the people I spoke to after the Dublin show didn't know who he was.

Paul London, is, of this time, the single most overrated waste of space in the WWE. It sickens me that talented guys like Doug Basham get to sit on their backsides doing nothing - while ths idiot takes up even more TV time.

Some of your points are valid. Of anything you argue I totally agree that London could use a gimmick or something to make him slightly more interesting. He's similar in a way to Shelton. I think Sheltons novelty is starting to wain and his reliance on good matches with no gimmick isnt winning the crowds as it was initially. Both he and London, once dropping their respecful titles are slowly floating (long way to go yet) into the back as they have no character, gimmick etc. This is also Doug Bashams problem. No gimmick for him so he can sit on the sidelines or job til he does.

However, there is no denying that London is a good wrestler. The series he had with Akio was fantastic on all occasions and put some smackdown matches to shame despite being on velocity. Youre entitled to not like the guy, feel free, but i think some comments are a tad harsh.

He has a right to complain. The WWE ****s on cruiser. The reason he dosnt have a good gimmick is because of the poor writing and the WWE lake of interest in cruiser. Poor selling? The guys sells brilliently if u ask me. He sold he kidmans shoting start at nomercy flawlessley. He maid it look like he was lagitimitly injured. You cant even compair him to Rey. I havnt seen Mysterio come up with anything new since his first 6 months in WWE

• Advertisement

When have cruiserweights meant anything in the WWE? It was fine up until 1997 - we didnt need or want them. The last promotion that insisted on throwing tons of cruiserweights on tv went broke

I'd much rather watch a cruiser match than watch have the the behemoths they push go at it. Snitsky, Tomko, Masters, Heidi etc...some of them just dont know how to make a match flow. With the cruisers its fast paced and majority of the time flows perfectly. Having cruisers enables david and Goliath-esque storylines and a change of pace in matches. It's a better mix altogether.

I agree that London does not have a character right now and neither does Benjamin, but seems things might be changing for London *hopefully*. Seems like a heel turn for him!

I agree with Brow, i'd rather watch a Cruiser match, than watching someone like Masters, Tomko etc.

I'd not. I prefer wrestlers who look like they could kill me. As it is, I'm physically bigger than Paul London.

And besides, all the spotmonkey flippy floppy **** does nothing for me

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

I'd not. I prefer wrestlers who look like they could kill me. As it is, I'm physically bigger than Paul London.

And besides, all the spotmonkey flippy floppy **** does nothing for me

you my friend are an idiot look if you are just here to sing 'bout how big you are then leave ok.
    most "wrestling" fans appreciate the risk that light weights go through to entertain us,
    and then there are the others the "big guys" who if tried a moonsault get praised for it no thats not right they dont risk it night after night and try and get as much praise(or heat) from the crowd.
    imo light weights made smackdown and now they will just die out .

one more thing why did you post in this thread when everyone else here is upset about this?
    is it to get noticed being new and all?

Kio wrote:
    you my friend are an idiot look if you are just here to sing 'bout how big you are then leave ok.
    most "wrestling" fans appreciate the risk that light weights go through to entertain us,
    and then there are the others the "big guys" who if tried a moonsault get praised for it no thats not right they dont risk it night after night and try and get as much praise(or heat) from the crowd.
    imo light weights made smackdown and now they will just die out .

one more thing why did you post in this thread when everyone else here is upset about this?
    is it to get noticed being new and all?

I'm not hear to boast about how big I am. I'm a relatively small guy as it is - but I'm still bigger than Paul London, Rey Mysterio, et al - I cannot take anyone seriously if their that way. That's partially Vince's motivation - he can't take them seriously because they don't look like his vision of wrestlers. And since he's a billionaire, and you're not - I'll guess I'll agree with him.

Second of all - you may "appreciate" "the risk" high flyers take - but i see something else entirely. Watch wrestlemania 20 - and that silly cruiserweight gauntlet match - and Kidman does that idiotic SSP to the outside. Not one did i think "OHMYGOD look what he's doing to entertain me at three in the morning". All I could think was "OH S*** he better not have injured himself", and "Wow - that was completely unnecessary and stupid, and pointless" All it was was Torrie's husband begging for attention. And it failed, seeing as how he god fired a while back.

How did lightweights make Smackdown??? Here's a list of WWE Champions since the draft -HHH, The Rock, The Undertaker, Brock, Kurt Angle, The Big Show, Eddie Guerrero, JBL - with the exception of Eddie - who never should have gotten the belt in the first place - none of them are "lightweights" In fact, when Smackdown had a show headlined by a built up Cruiserweight match - Matt Hardy vs. Rey Mysterio - the show was one of the lowest rated shows of the year

Personally, Smackdown, and the WWE in general - doesn't need the cruiserweights. They're a joke. If you want to watch all the highflying crap - watch Total Nonstop Jarrett, or Ring Of Crap - but then ask why they dont make any money. The WWE make BILLIONS every year , with guys like The Undertaker, The Big Show, HHH, Batista, and future guys like Chris Masters

I'm sure this'll annoy someone - but hey, this is supposed to be our opinions, right?

I think its because of the cruisers/light weights etc in TNA and ROH that people are actually sitting up and taking notice of the promotions. They put on solid matches atlethic and psychologically and people in WWE's bad times are turning to them as a alternative just as they did before with ECW and WCW. Sure both of the latter went out of business and both were heavy on cruisers at the time but you cant put two and two together and say that was their demise. That debate is a whole other thread.

The promotions of today and learned from those companies mistakes and are solidly growing into healthy competition as a result of the action these lighter stars provide.

And to close on what you said about kidman and the ssp. In my opinion he should have given that move up a long time ago. He bulked up majorly since joining WWE and ssp was out of his ability. It's because of him in a way, attempting moves he cant do and injuring himself in the process that vince is banning these moves.

Brow wrote:
    I think its because of the cruisers/light weights etc in TNA and ROH that people are actually sitting up and taking notice of the promotions. They put on solid matches atlethic and psychologically and people in WWE's bad times are turning to them as a alternative just as they did before with ECW and WCW. Sure both of the latter went out of business and both were heavy on cruisers at the time but you cant put two and two together and say that was their demise. That debate is a whole other thread.

The promotions of today and learned from those companies mistakes and are solidly growing into healthy competition as a result of the action these lighter stars provide.

And to close on what you said about kidman and the ssp. In my opinion he should have given that move up a long time ago. He bulked up majorly since joining WWE and ssp was out of his ability. It's because of him in a way, attempting moves he cant do and injuring himself in the process that vince is banning these moves.

Kidman DID stop using the SSP for a while - In WCW he used Christian's finisher, and when he came to the WWE, he used a move where he'd jump onto a guy's shoulders, and then dive forwards, taking the guy with him (by the way - it looked crap). However, when Brock attempted the SSP at WM19 - Kidman went on some interview show and had a notoriously stupid tantrum about people stealing "his move", despite Lesnar doing it for ages in OVW, and immediately started doing it again, and screwing it up, to prove it was "his"

I still maintain the only reason he had a job for as long as he did was because of Torrie

I still maintain the only reason he had a job for as long as he did was because of Torrie

ok i agree with that but why is vince planning a big raid of tna's x division?
    and light weights saved wwe back in the monday night wars and is the reason that wwe are still the top of the busness

ok how did you feel when the powerbomb got stoped?
    its how they wrestle and what we like and the wwe are telling them dont do it cause the big wig vince has a fear of small people?

imo when people learn how to do such a big well-known move they what the world to see it and understand the danger but if they and who they wrestle dont care let them do it!

• Advertisement

Personally, Smackdown, and the WWE in general - doesn't need the cruiserweights. They're a joke. If you want to watch all the highflying crap - watch Total Nonstop Jarrett, or Ring Of Crap - but then ask why they dont make any money. The WWE make BILLIONS every year , with guys like The Undertaker, The Big Show, HHH, Batista, and future guys like Chris Masters
    You are the reason I am ashamed to tell people I am a wrestling fan.
    Its little guys like Chris Jericho (former cruiser weight champ) and Rick Flair that bust there ass's week in week out trying to make Vince's latest 300lb meat head look like a plausable wrestler. Out of all the crap tallent that Vince has thrown at our screans over the past five years only one man actualy to deserved to be there Block Lesnar and after Vince pushed him so far so fast his ego got the better of him and he decied to go play football. The only reason the WWE is still making billions is because its wheeling old over paid talent from the boom days of the 80s and 90s. The 00s is yet to produce a wrestling icon all because vince goes for size over talent to please morons like you

ok i agree with that but why is vince planning a big raid of tna's x division?

>>>Says who???? With the except of Lance Hoyt - the WWE doesn't need anyone from the themepark. For the record - they contacted AJ Styles, and the greddy a-hole demanded WAY too much money

and light weights saved wwe back in the monday night wars and is the reason that wwe are still the top of the busness

>>> No, I think you'll find a bloke called Steve Austin saved the WWE. The WWE didnt have cruiserweights back then. The idea that they "saved" the WWE is LAUGHABLE. The only way they in anyway "saved the WWE" is if a guy was channel surfing between Raw and Nitro, and had to decide between Rey Mysterio and Stone Cold

ok how did you feel when the powerbomb got stoped?

>>> Could care less

its how they wrestle and what we like and the wwe are telling them dont do it cause the big wig vince has a fear of small people?

>>>I think he's worried about their health more than anything.

imo when people learn how to do such a big well-known move they what the world to see it

>>> "LOOK AT ME!!! I'm Billy Kidman. I dont know any "wrestling moves" But I can jump off the top rope and do a real purty dive.

and understand the danger but if they and who they wrestle dont care let them do it!

>>>Tell that to Hayabusa. He was a famous Japanese wrestler who tried that silly moonsault Chris Jericho does, and broke his spine.

You are the reason I am ashamed to tell people I am a wrestling fan.
    Its little guys like Chris Jericho (former cruiser weight champ) and Rick Flair that bust there ass's week in week out trying to make Vince's latest 300lb meat head look like a plausable wrestler. Out of all the crap tallent that Vince has thrown at our screans over the past five years only one man actualy to deserved to be there Block Lesnar and after Vince pushed him so far so fast his ego got the better of him and he decied to go play football. The only reason the WWE is still making billions is because its wheeling old over paid talent from the boom days of the 80s and 90s. The 00s is yet to produce a wrestling icon all because vince goes for size over talent to please morons like you

Can you actually enlighten me as to when the last time Chris Jericho or Ric Flair was actaully in the ring with a "300lb meathead" trying to make him look good?

Yes Lesnar was an idiot. But he's coming back, which is more than I can say for Kidman.

And, of all this "old over paid talent from the boom days" - one of them is Hulk Hogan, who, as we all know, is 6'5 and 350 lbs, and can'tt actually wrestle to save his life. Now, if Vince made BILLIONS with him - do you actually think he'd let some spotmonkey less than half the Hulkster's size main event a show?

AJ demanded all that money cus he knew the WWE would pay it if they realy wanted him plus he said in an interview he didnt want to go back to the WWE so why shouldnt he demand a larg pay check? They would give it to Bill Goldber or Hulk Hogan in a shot and what do they have to offer in the long run?

Can you actually enlighten me as to when the last time Chris Jericho or Ric Flair was actaully in the ring with a "300lb meathead" trying to make him look good?
    Jericho working with tomko when christean was injured. Ric Flair built his career on making guys loook good

Jericho working with tomko when christean was injured. Ric Flair built his career on making guys loook good

>>> Jericho is currently working with (of all people) Cena - so OBVIOUSLY, yeah he's working week in, week out with the 300lbs'ers. Flair, on the other hand, built his career on working with legends like Kerry Von Erich, Harley Race, Barry Windham, Sting, Luger, Keiji Mutoh, Nikita Kolov - hardly meatheads.

AJ demanded all that money cus he knew the WWE would pay it if they realy wanted him plus he said in an interview he didnt want to go back to the WWE so why shouldnt he demand a larg pay check? They would give it to Bill Goldber or Hulk Hogan in a shot and what do they have to offer in the long run?

>>> Well, first of all, No, the WWE wouldnt pay him if they really wanted him. VERY Rarely in a contract negotiation does a worker dictate terms, and in 2001, a young cruiserweight with three weeks of WCW tv was in no position to demand anything. The WWE offered him the same deal they offer everyone on a developmental deal - and he turned around and demanded three times that, and for the WWE to pay to move him and his wife (who was up the damien at the time) halfway across the country.

The WWE, quite rightly laughed him out of the building.

Furthermore - earlier this year his contract in the themepark was running out and he started sniffing around to see would the WWE pick him up. Quite rightly, they told him to get lost, and he went back to work for Jarrett

If you think the WWE would pay AJ Styles what they are paying Hogan - you are out , of your goddamn mind.

• Advertisement

Kidman DID stop using the SSP for a while - In WCW he used Christian's finisher, and when he came to the WWE, he used a move where he'd jump onto a guy's shoulders, and then dive forwards, taking the guy with him (by the way - it looked crap). However, when Brock attempted the SSP at WM19 - Kidman went on some interview show and had a notoriously stupid tantrum about people stealing "his move", despite Lesnar doing it for ages in OVW, and immediately started doing it again, and screwing it up, to prove it was "his"

Yeah he had to stop using it in WCW cause for a while they banned moves off the top rope so he had to improvise. As soon as he joined WWE in the invasion he was back using the SSP. He never left it and took it back because Brock used. He always used it before and beyond that wrestlemania. Then he got injured, bulked up while rehabbing and lost quite a lot of agility.

WCW banning everything off the tope rope was a good idea. Vince should probably consider that, otherwise people will get injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Your so right!!!!!!! From now on lets just have multiple master lock challenges on raw. Hang on scrap it we can just watch him pose for two hours. No wrestling. Kevin Nash would be proud of you.

Banning moves off the top rope didnt really help WCW when they had a lot of cruisers on the books. A lot of spots and finishers suffered as a result. Including Benoits headbut, Guerrero's frogsplash etc...When people started winning off of basic moves people turned to WWE where they could see more extreme moves.

And the circle continues, WWE are banning moves, people turn to ROH and TNA for extreme moves. Fair enough ban a few moves, but a top rope ban would be disastrous.

this is so stupid some guy from no-ware has sigle-handedly sparked the biggest arguement on this fourm in months.

now most of all wrestling moves hurt if not the other guy then your self the idea that one move is banned because of one stupid mistake is laughable.

now Ms Doubtful Donkey just cause you like creamin over big guys dosnt me we do.

Do me a faver watch the monday night wars DVD ok and tell me you still stick with what you say stone cold was just the straw that broke the camals back and he isn't a 300lbs meathead but a great in-ring worker ,smart <should be on the writing team imo> and he understands the business.B
    ut it was the new influx of cruzer weights and the dx stable that got wrestling fans atention back to wwe so it didn't go under ok.

• Advertisement

Your so right!!!!!!! From now on lets just have multiple master lock challenges on raw. Hang on scrap it we can just watch him pose for two hours. No wrestling. Kevin Nash would be proud of you.

Excuse me but how do you equate banning moves off the top rope to "no more wrestling". That's idiotic.

I'm thinking of this guy.....he's a great wrestler, never does any crap off the top rope.......oh yeah....HHH. And The Rock, And Randy Orton, and, as much as it sickens me to sayit, that idiot Cena.

Because REALLY - they'd all suffer if the WWE banned top rope stuff. You truly are a moron

And the circle continues, WWE are banning moves, people turn to ROH and TNA for extreme moves.

>>> Too bad ROH and the Jarrett group are, you know, crap.

Do me a faver watch the monday night wars DVD ok and tell me you still stick with what you say stone cold was just the straw that broke the camals back and he isn't a 300lbs meathead but a great in-ring worker ,smart <should be on the writing team imo> and he understands the business.B
    ut it was the new influx of cruzer weights and the dx stable that got wrestling fans atention back to wwe so it didn't go under ok.

>>>>> No, I remember seeing WCW saying, "Looie, we all have these stupid cruiserweights" Poof, they went broke. Hah.

What influx of cruiserweights??? Cruiserweights in the WWE have hindered the promotion, NEVER helped it. Read the initial post - all London does is bitch and moan.

What influx of cruiserweights??? Cruiserweights in the WWE have hindered the promotion, NEVER helped it. Read the initial post - all London does is bitch and moan.

ahhh the light weight belt first won by taka in a great match but its people like you that i wish wcw or ecw were still around today and if you say masters can wrestlie one more time you'll lose all cred you have he cant tomko cant kidmen cant morgan cant cena cant and alot of the big guys cant but the cruzer weights get injured from them not noing how to follow through with moves they cant train any one any more so they raid other promotions.

I dont think its fair to say ROH and TNA are crap. Ok, its your opinion but there is no denying that they put on some really great matches. Its because of the matches they produce that Vince has signed up the likes of Kazarian, Swinger, Spanky, Gibson, CM Punk etc over the last while to help his product produce some of the same kind of matches. One out of that small list is a heavyweight. The rest cruisers. Once TNA have a solid tv deal things could be different.

To say cruisers have hindered WWE is false. Look at Rey Rey. A really innovative wrestler. When he debuted people sat up and took notice. He shifts countless amounts of merchandise and can make a lot of people look good in matches. Same goes for Eddie. And christian (won the light heavyweight on his debut), etc.

To blame cruisers on WCW's demise is rubbish. End of story. Not worth wasting breath.

London wasn't the only Crusierweight upset with the SSP and 450 Splash being banned! so are if you were in Londons position you wouldn't be upset?! Doing the same moves in TNA, ROH, ECWA, OVW etc. and then when you finally make into the WWE and your two finishers get banned.

London wasn't the only Crusierweight upset with the SSP and 450 Splash being banned! so are if you were in Londons position you wouldn't be upset?! Doing the same moves in TNA, ROH, ECWA, OVW etc. and then when you finally make into the WWE and your two finishers get banned.

well if i was a wrestler i wouldn't be doing a move as idiotic and stupid as the SSP in the first place. I'd be more worried about the idiot landing on me.

If done right you land in a frog splash postion so I dont see the problem. It's their choice. I doubt these wrestlers get moves done on them against their will so they musnt have a problem with it.

You can tell that to Chavo Guerrero, who had "no problem" with being on the receiving end of the SSP, and was out for five months as a result of Kidman landing on his head or Paul London, who took the 450 from that junkie Juvi Guerrera and nearly got his face caved in.

These stupid pointless moves, and the people that do them with no consideration for other people - have no business having jobs in the WWE, while talented workers like Bobby Roode rot in the themepark.

You do know there's a guy working for the WWE, called John Laurinatius, and it's his job to bring in new people, and he's already made it clear he's only interested in workers over 6'2, and 240lbs??? They're only bringing back Spanky and Jamie "Steriods" Knoble to fvck with the themepark

Dave O'Neill - Firmly against the WWE hiring cruiserweights. Ever.

And for the record - the Masterlock Challenge is a great segment that is getting Chris good heat - the crowd is going nuts when he puts it on - and there's a real buzz over who will be the one to break it - people are talking about Masters - and thats more than I can say for Paul London.

Hey - maybe London can come up with his own - The SSP Challenge - If I injure you - you'll get 5000 dollars. He'll be broke within a month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

You do know there's a guy working for the WWE, called John Laurinatius, and it's his job to bring in new people, and he's already made it clear he's only interested in workers over 6'2, and 240lbs??? They're only bringing back Spanky and Jamie "Steriods" Knoble to fvck with the themepark

Dave O'Neill - Firmly against the WWE hiring cruiserweights. Ever.

Actually Noble was brought back in as he was getting rave reviews in ROH.
    And for the record - the Masterlock Challenge is a great segment that is getting Chris good heat - the crowd is going nuts when he puts it on - and there's a real buzz over who will be the one to break it -

LOL. What segment are you watching? It's sh*t. There isn't good heat from it at all. Most fans use the segment as a bathroom break. "Going nuts"?! LOL.
    people are talking about Masters - and thats more than I can say for Paul London.

People ARE talking about Masters. They're asking why this meathead is getting a push at the expense of other better wrestlers. Recently he got a win over Shelton Benjamin, a wrestler far more deserving of a push. And people are talking about London - they're asking why he's so underrated.

A wrestler needs the support of the writers. If he doesn't have that, he won't go anywhere.
    Hey - maybe London can come up with his own - The SSP Challenge - If I injure you - you'll get 5000 dollars. He'll be broke within a month

LOL. You're such a hypocrite. Why don't you ask Steven Richards how safe your precious Chris Masters is in the ring?!

• Advertisement
Advertisement