Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Forté stockist in Ireland ?

Options
  • 05-08-2005 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭

Does anybody here know of an Irish stockist of the Forté range of engine treatment products ?

www.forteuk.co.uk/Home.htm

Cheers,
    Silvera.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Scanlons in Waterford - got some diesel treatment stuff there from a guy I know who knows a guy there...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Cheers Dilbert75.

However, I should have metioned that I'm seeking a stockist in the greater Dublin area.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What potion are you looking for? Wynns have a good choice of products that are reasonably well distributed.

Mike.

Yes, Wynns are easy to get but I'm lead to believe that Forté products are the best.

I'm looking for Forté 'Top End Treatment' (TET).

If you have no luck you could try ZX1 Halfords stock it in the UK and as they now have stores here they may be worth a look.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Thanks mike65.

However, ZX1 is an additive, whereas I'm seeking a flushing/cleaning fluid.

Ooops! Buy a litre of ATF add it to the oil and run it for a 1000 miles then change the oil. I'd avoid engine flush at all costs as it can cause more trouble than it solves.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Ooops! Buy a litre of ATF add it to the oil and run it for a 1000 miles then change the oil

Have you done this before ?
    I've never heard of that being reccomended in my many years in the trade?!

Normal flushing fluid is only used in an engine for 10-15 minutes (at max of 2000rpm) - not 1000 miles ??!

mike65 wrote:
    I'd avoid engine flush at all costs as it can cause more trouble than it solves.

Yes, if it was a high mileage engine.
    However, my newly aquired '03 Astra (pics to follow;)) only has 29k miles on it, so I don't see it as a problem to use a flushing fluid.

Advertisement